Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Avoid road - and ignore the driver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoid road - and ignore the driver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTHM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Avoid road - and ignore the driver Reply with quote

Folks, is it me or does CP7 ignore you when you tell it to avoid a road?

I was trying get out of the middle of Birmingham, UK, late at night a couple of weeks ago and CP routed me up the A38 Aston Expressway. When I got to the Expressway it was closed so I carried on round the roundabout and off at the first exit and punched into CP to recalculate avoiding the Aston Expressway. Job done I thought until after 5 minutes of following CPs directions I find myself back at the same roundabout and being directed back onto the Expressway again.

I thought I'd done something wrong so told CP to recalculate avoiding the Expressway again and off I went again following the directions. After another few minutes I thought "Oh, I recognise that clock tower, oh, and that layby", so I stopped and checked the route and lowe and behold there it was again - the A38 Aston Expressway from the exact same roundabout!!

While stopped I cleared the route and reprogrammed CP to route me home avoiding the Expressway - all good I thought. I noticed that CP was now placing me on the opposite side of the dual carriageway I was on but I didn't wory as I knew it would sort itself out once we started moving and sure it did, recalculated and everthing. Jobsagoodun, I thought, I'm finally on my way home.

Duely following the directions I was suddenly aghast to find myself back at that same roundabout and being directed back onto the Expressway again!!!

I had to give up at that point and took myself back into the middle of Birmingham to pick up the roadsigns for the A45 towards Coventry as it was the only other way out of Birmingham towards home I was remotely familiar with.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with CP7 persistently ignoring them when telling it to avoid a road?

I also encountered the age old motorway junction problem on the way home too - first time for that one!
grmills
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it doesn't appear to listen, or is incapable of listening, when I want to avoid the M27.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with CP8. I think the problem may come where the same road features in several legs of the route. I was recently trying to avoid the A33, and because my route on it was broken into several bits (many roundabouts to cross) it took several goes cancelling different bits of the A33 before it got the idea...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: