Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 765 T POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

765 T POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahaf76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: 765 T POIs Reply with quote

CAn somebody explain how to get POI's loaded into a Garmin 765 T to show on the maps. I have installed everyway possible using the POI loader. The Camera data base shows up fine, but none of the other POIs such as banks and supermarkets etc seem to show.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
Andy.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're installed in exactly the same way as the speedcam POIs. You must have ALL your POIs in the same folder when you run POILoader so if you want to add one you must have all the others there as well as they all need to be installed together if that makes sense, it re-writes the POI file each time it uploads.

So keep a copy of all the POIs inc speedcams on your PC and add your new POIs to that folder then run POILoader.
Dabri
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, (and this is a method that works for me) you can use a small (say 16 MB) SD card in the Garmin and put any necessary folders there. For example one for cameras, one for shops, one for petrol stations, etc. Then use the POI uploader to add files to the relevant folders on the SD. You need to select the 'custom folder (advanced)' option when selecting the save option. Garmin does the rest for you. You can then add or update individual folders as necessary at alater date.
Mahaf76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chaps.
Darren, yours is the way I have been doing it, they install fine but they just dont't appear on the screen, To be honest I was (until they became so bad at custonmer service) a Tom Tom user so am used to seeing POI's litter the screen.
Dabri I'll give your method a shot unless someone tells me that what I am trying to see (ie the Tom Tom look) is not going to happen.
I just find it really usefull for things like hotels and fuel stations..

Thanks

Andy
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POIs might not appear unless you zoom in close enough.
ASDTi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahaf76 wrote:
Thanks Chaps.
they just dont't appear on the screen
Andy

I think PaulB is right - they will be loaded, but unless you zoom in quite close, then they don't show on the map.

The other thing is that the Nuvi will zoom back out again automatically (but I think it does - eventually - learn your zoom preference once you zoom back in a few times...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASDTi reflect my experience of the 7x0 and 7x5 series where it "learns" your zoom preferences.

You can check if POIs are loaded by looking under Where To?, Extras, Custom POIs.

If loaded they will appear there...

TomTom do show then POIs when further zoomed out but then that's TomTom's way of doing it....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: