Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld Red Nose Day TomTom Splash Screens
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld Red Nose Day TomTom Splash Screens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: PocketGPSWorld Red Nose Day TomTom Splash Screens Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comIf it has escaped your notice, tomorrow is Red Nose Day!

This year PocketGPSWorld is doing its little bit by creating a Red Nose Day Splash Screen (TomTom/Garmin) and Custom Cursor (TomTom Only) pack for your SatNav Devices (sorry to all the other GPS owners).

Show your support for Red Nose Day and decorate your Satnav with the RND SatNav theme splash screen.

Available in both Standard (Go Classic, 300, 500, 700, ONE and RIDER) and Wide-Screen (One XL, x20, x30 and x40) formats, the splash screens are free to download. All we ask is that you make a donation on the Red Nose Day web-site here.

Download the RedNose day pack (two splash screens and a custom cursor) here.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike170469
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketGPSWorld Red Nose Day TomTom Splash Screens Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
This year PocketGPSWorld is doing its little bit by creating a Red Nose Day Splash Screen and Custom Cursor for your Tomtom Devices (sorry to all the other GPS owners).

Hi

Good work Very Happy

I have downloaded the 2 splash screens to my GARMIN 710 there great Laughing

For anyone who dose not know Sad

All you do is save them on your memory card in your Picture folder
then switch on your GARMIN click on TOOLS then PICTURE VIEWER then when your get to the Picture in the top left click DISPLAY AT POWER ON?
then it says DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THIS IMAGE AS YOUR SPLASH SCREEN? you click yes

Then your done Cool
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've edited the intro. The only issue we were concerned was that if you do this on a Garmin the original splash screen is then wiped and can't be retrieved? Is that true?
mike170469
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Thanks, I've edited the intro. The only issue we were concerned was that if you do this on a Garmin the original splash screen is then wiped and can't be retrieved? Is that true?

Hi

As always we back up before doing anything (made that mistake before) Embarassed
Anything that you have save into the Picture file can then be changed to the Splash screen Wink

But why would any one want the Original when any jpg will work I have a photo off my kids on as extra securty you can say the sat nav's yours when it starts up with a pic off my kids (same idea on my cridit card) Cool

so it you have the original splash screen saved in picture file then you can put it back on.
But if you have not backup then yes you have lost it Embarassed
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks, not having a Garmin to hand I wasn't sure if the original was actually an image that could be backed up.

In the unlikely event that someone does want to revert to it and hasn't backed up I'm sure we can locate one amongst us here Thumbs Up
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you still use the Garmin X Image with these newer Garmin's. I only have a couple of i3's which it works fine with.
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this. I have now made a donation to Comic Relief.
wints
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike170469 wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi

As always we back up before doing anything (made that mistake before) Embarassed
Anything that you have save into the Picture file can then be changed to the Splash screen Wink

But why would any one want the Original when any jpg will work I have a photo off my kids on as extra securty you can say the sat nav's yours when it starts up with a pic off my kids (same idea on my cridit card) Cool

so it you have the original splash screen saved in picture file then you can put it back on.
But if you have not backup then yes you have lost it Embarassed

Hi this is a nice idea, right now to the silly question time Laughing Out Loud, only had my Garmin a few days so still finding me way around so please be nice Smile when you say put them in your picture folder (on the Garmin) would that be the JPEG folder? if so I've put them in there and nothing shows up when i go to the picture viewer (only the default pics) so what am i doing wrong i know its me because no one else is having issues Laughing thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wints wrote:
Hi this is a nice idea, right now to the silly question time Laughing Out Loud, only had my Garmin a few days so still finding me way around so please be nice Smile when you say put them in your picture folder (on the Garmin) would that be the JPEG folder?

Yes that sounds about right
Quote:
if so I've put them in there and nothing shows up when i go to the picture viewer (only the default pics) so what am i doing wrong i know its me because no one else is having issues Laughing thanks

What device do you have? Did you put both splash screens in there?
wints
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply Darren, i have the Garmin nuvi 255wt, i downloaded, unzipped the package and then just copied the contents straight over in to the JPEG folder on the Garmin
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure there isn't a second page of pictures? Check the bottom right of the screen for an up and down arrow to scroll pages.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah this may be my fault! I re-packaged the images as .bmp files (which TomTom prefers) but Garmin may only accept .jpg's.

I've added the images in .jpg format to the .zip package now. Re-download the file and try again and the .jpg versions should display on your Garmin.

Let me know if it now works?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I re-packaged the images as .bmp files (which TomTom prefers) but Garmin may only accept .jpg's

Ah never spotted that. Garmin does require jpegs.
wints
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Ah this may be my fault! I re-packaged the images as .bmp files (which TomTom prefers) but Garmin may only accept .jpg's.

I've added the images in .jpg format to the .zip package now. Re-download the file and try again and the .jpg versions should display on your Garmin.

Let me know if it now works?

Cheers all working now, was gonna ask about them being in bitmap format but i read in this thread that someone had already installed them on a Garmin so this is why i thought it was me Laughing never mind we got there (excuse the pun) many thanks and will be making a donation shortly
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wints wrote:
Cheers all working now, was gonna ask about them being in bitmap format but i read in this thread that someone had already installed them on a Garmin

That was entirely my fault. They were in .jpg then I realised they were best in .jpg for TomTom and forgot that Garmin would still need .jpg! Apologies!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: