Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1st PND - Garmin 760 or Garmin 265WT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1st PND - Garmin 760 or Garmin 265WT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StonewallUSMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: 1st PND - Garmin 760 or Garmin 265WT Reply with quote

This is my 1st device, and I think I have researched GPS units until my eyes hurt.

Ultimately I want a device that can hold a signal and get me from point A to point B. The thought of traffic updates would be 2nd on my list.

After that, anything else is a bonus.

It will either be the Garmin 760 or the 265WT.....

Your thoughts?

Thx
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI and welcome.

If your only requirement is to hold a signal and get you from A to B then either model will do.

You can see a further comparision here to see which features are on each model....
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Nuvi 760 and came from a TomTom 730 and am perfectly happy. Have never lost a signal.
Doug
StonewallUSMC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and Doug thanks for the prompt responses. As well thanks for the comparison chart Paul.

In regards to "Getting from point A - B" as my only requirement, of course I want more. But as I have been doing my research and ghosting several forums such as PocketWorld and looking at comparison charts until my eyes cross, I have concluded first and foremost that a GPS needs to be good at just that - locking onto SAT's and not loosing them. After that I understand that things like Bluetooth, FM transmitter, FM Traffic are things that in a "Perfect World" I want. I understand though that geographical location and other factors (the FCC *cough cough*) currently play into success of each of these features.

Bluetooth, from what I have read, is probably my most wanted additional feature I would want (though I currently do not live in a state that requires it). But I will be in California for a few days later next week and this is where I plan on cutting my teeth with a GPS.

2nd - I like the sounds of FM Traffic reporting. From what I see as long as you are in a area that it works well people seem to like it. I don't know if anyone has any input to how successful it is in the Denver Colorado and the front range area, but it would be appreciated and the 760 gives me the option to choose.

Lastly, The ability to transmit through your radio would be fantastic, but do to FCC regulations it seems we are aways off from seeing great success in this area, hence one of my reasons for selecting the 760 with an audio out jack to hardwire.

So there you have it. I do want more than just getting from point A-B. But the ability to get there in a timely manner and safely.

Smile[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: