Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Separate TT Log-ins Confused
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Separate TT Log-ins Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Separate TT Log-ins Confused Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am now on my 3rd TT unit, after Dennis N and others advised me to set up different Log Ins for different units this is what I have done.

However, I have been having a struggle with TT to honour their latest map guarantee for my new TT940 (Another story) they want to palm me off with 8.15 maps.

The problem I have is this, I have a log in on TT Home for my older TT930 which I bought the 1/4ly map update service. Plus I have a a new log in for my TT940 for TT Home. The thing that got me thinking was that when I go to view the "My Questions" part of the site I have been receiving responses from TT for the TT930 email address not the 940! . So when I log in as the 930 I can see all my questions, when I log in as the 940 there are none! I hope this is making sense!

What worries me is that TT may mess up my 1/4ly map updates, that are assigned to my TT930.

As I said earlier I do have 3 separate TT Home accounts though.

Your advice would be most welcome,

SDM197.

Last edited by sdm197 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little confused about your question. I read it as you have three separate accounts, as in there is never more than one device on an account? That is the best way to manage your devices.

If you ask questions when logged in as one user/account you will only ever see questions asked on that account. As far as TomTom are concerned you are three different people so you will never see the questions from another account.

Using the same copy of Home but with three different logins and the same login only covering one device should not lead to any errors about one device getting anothers updates etc. I use a 530 and 940 on the same Home but with two user accounts and get no problems between the two.

However if in the past you have had more than one device on an account, that may need correcting by TomTom if it has remembered this and causes problems.

As to your 940 LMG, I think at the moment it will only be offering the 8.15 map upgrade from 8.10 as the 8.25 maps have not yet made it to the LMG servers. Again you can only download a newer map once under the LMG and it must be within 30 days of first using the device. On the 940 you should get both the NA and W&CE maps under the LMG.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr.T,

Yes it is a bit confusing, what's basically happened is that I have been corresponding with TT about my Latest Map GNT for my 940 but did not realise that I had been using my TT930 log in.

I am hoping this will not mess up my subscription to my 1/4ly updates for my 930.

I have taken screen shots of the definition of the Latest Map Guarantee, I have asked them to honour it. My 940 was bought in the last 30 days (12th Feb) and the latest Maps are 8.25 so I want those.

Thanks for your reply, I admit it was confusing though!

SDM197.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
Hi Mr.T,

Yes it is a bit confusing, what's basically happened is that I have been corresponding with TT about my Latest Map GNT for my 940 but did not realise that I had been using my TT930 log in.

Start again, using your 940 login. Don't mention any previous correspondence and simply be a nice new you as 940. You may not have a TT account for the 940 on the TT website, you need to create an account on their website for each device. - What I'm saying is you may have created 930login@somewhere.com and 940login@somewhere.com in TT Home, but you also need to create those accounts in the TT website. You've obviously done that for the 930, but perhaps not for the 940.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis N,

I have now created a new log in for the TT website the same as my log in for TT Home on the 940.

I will see if they will play ball on the maps, if not I will start again from the New log in. I suspect they will realise as I will have to reproduce the receipt again plus the various screen shots they ask for.

But its worth a shot, thanks again,

SDM197.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
I have now created a new log in for the TT website the same as my log in for TT Home on the 940.

Now I'm confused, can't you log-in on the TT website using the HOME log-in?
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

I took the option to create a new profile. As it happens you are right, it told me that username had already been taken, which was by me of course, so I just put in my password and logged in with my 940 Home Log In..

I still have not got TT to agree to update my maps on the 940 yet though. They came back to me last night and offered 8.15 maps, I refused them and reminded them of the text on their website about making sure you have the latest map.

I have yet to have a response,

SDM197
dezota
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update yet?
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezota wrote:
Any update yet?

Its TomTom Confused

And its only been 3 days... And two of them were Saturday & Sunday...

Expect a longer wait than that Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: