Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - editing .upi file outside McGuider
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

editing .upi file outside McGuider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: editing .upi file outside McGuider Reply with quote

I'm struggling to delete Favorites within McGuider. It just wont do it - it says they're deleted but they are not.
I would like to be able to edit the 'favoriites.upi' file. Can I convert .upi to something recognisable - and back again after editing??
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory you could convert the upi file into a tab delimited text file using the POI convertor on Sygics website. Once you have deleted the incorrect entries you could then convert the file back into a UPI file using the same convertor. I haven't tried it but can't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

I have also contacted Sygic about this bug with deleting favourites and they say they are working on a fix which will be made available using McGuider Assistant once it is released.
Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that reply. They have not yet conceded to me that this is a bug whereas thay have conceded that 'Route construction' times for Essex to Poitiers of 3m 40 secs are! They are also promising a fix on this bug. Any experience of how long bug fixes take? Are they a regular update?
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They released a fix for the Symbian clients crashing when using POI alerts but this got pulled very quickly (apparently at the request of TeleAtlas who claimed not to be able to support the update mechanism at that time). Since then there has been nothing so it is anyones guess how long they will take to release a fix i'm afraid.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: