Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x40 : TomTom Live - Will You Subscribe After Trial Expires?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x40 : TomTom Live - Will You Subscribe After Trial Expires?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TomTom Live Subscription Trial
I will be continuing with a subscription after the trial expires
57%
 57%  [ 59 ]
I will not be continuing with a subscription after the trial expires
42%
 42%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 102

MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received an invoice for my first update on the monthly live services subscription and the date on the unit has been extended by another month so it appears to be working.
Mack04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble i find with my TTgo 540 Live is do you trust the traffic and follow the diversion or stick with what you know and hopefully it incorrect. I have to admit that i normally following the traaffic Info just to be on the safe side but many a time i have been warned of delays only to find nothing as i go through the warning. Not too sure if its worth the £8 per month, but is there a suitable alternative available???
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack04 wrote:
The trouble i find with my TTgo 540 Live is do you trust the traffic and follow the diversion or stick with what you know and hopefully it incorrect. I have to admit that i normally following the traaffic Info just to be on the safe side but many a time i have been warned of delays only to find nothing as i go through the warning. Not too sure if its worth the £8 per month, but is there a suitable alternative available???

I go with the ability to trust the Live traffic, so long as you can see it changing as you drive. That is, if you set off and it shows it at 6 mins, then 8 mins, then 20 mins, then 18 mins, it is real live info. On a heavy traffic motorway, I suspect that the times are probably going to be longer too. If it sits at 40 mins all the way along the road, then it may be stuck.

Also note that the "accident, 9M" is a section of road where an accident is reported, but there is probably no delay as it is all to the side and nothing worth avoiding. But it may be a pre-cursor to trouble of course, if everything then has to slow down.
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of "Accident, 9M" what does the 9 miles refer to? Surely not the length of the pile-up?! Very Happy
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpg1 wrote:
In the case of "Accident, 9M" what does the 9 miles refer to? Surely not the length of the pile-up?! Very Happy

From my experience, I've deduced (may be wrong!) that it is the section of road on which the accident occurred. In the example I saw, and travelled down, the whole road from something like J13 to J15 was marked as "accident", but the accident was of course just a car or two on the side with a police car in attendance. I guess this is a manual entry of a report, and since they don't know exactly where it is, they just mark a whole section.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: