Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition Reply with quote

OK

I have finally had enough of this - it is time we took some kind of collective action against TT for the absolute farce with Navcore 8.3xx on x20 and x30 devices.

Seeing as 8.301 has not fixed the TTS stutter or map refresh lag problems after 3 months of waiting we need to make TT sit up and take attention.

The first step as I see it is trying to get as much hard evidence together as possible then approaching Watchdog, Trading Standards etc. If anyone who frequents here is or knows a solicitor maybe you can add some advice.

IMHO the Map Update Service is 'Not fit for purpose' under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and amendments. As we are all retail customers we are due a full refund from TT without having to prove the fault, TT have to prove it is not faulty within the first 6 months. As part of the upgrade program I have to use Navcore 8.300 or 8.301 to utilise the 8.15 maps that I have paid for. Unfortunately this renders my Navigation device 'unfit for purpose' as the directions are incomprehensible, the map is 100yds behind me at motorway speeds etc. Today, I had actually taken the slip road off of the M66 and was parked at the roundabout whilst the TT had me still on the motorway about to exit down the slip road. Downright dangerous.

So, we need some hard evidence regarding this. Encourage everyone you know who is suffering from either of the above to log a support call with TT. Then, if we all log are case numbers on here we have hard and fast evidence that the problem exists, has existed for over 3 months and that TT do not have a resolution.

TT are insisting I send my unit off for repair as it is a hardware fault as I should not be suffering from map lag etc. Despite the fact that I have pointed out on numerous occasions that running 8.320 or 8.204 with TTS7 cures both problems they will not admit that there is a problem. Other users have been told that it is a software problem and that the new Navcore (released yesterday) would fix this - it clearly hasn't.

So, please log your case numbers in this thread - when we have quite a few (50?) we should approach Watchdog and Trading Standards, maybe even the press and put some pressure on TT to actually get off of their arse and fix this, as well as providing us with suitable compensation.

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

081117-009376
081113-008732
081113-008690
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

090211-009565.

I have also emailed BBC watchdog to alert them to this problem. I suggest as many people as possible do the same, the more emails Watchdog has the better.
I purchased my 520 specifically for the TTS!
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I find TT tech support so inept that I haven't used them for 1 year. However I fully support the above.

Without going over old ground I find the feature set that my 720 was sold on to be a list of things that don't work in a satisfactory manner and have remained so for several updates now.

I find their subscription based services such as traffic to be very poor in the UK.

No attention is paid to the constant stream of issues posted month after month here.

The company continue to add new partly functional features without addressing those in the last software release. This snowball effect of errors leaves me sadly dissapointed with a product whose basic navigation functions are sound but every feature that sets the top flight versions apart from the entry level devices is mere fluff and fails to deliver.

I wholheartedly support this petition and believe it is time the customer was put back on the list of important duties at Tom Tom HQ.
Holux GPSslim
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone point me to the email address, I lost the will to live after 20 minutes looking. Evil or Very Mad
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for an answer in the support section when you are logged in to the TT site and then scroll down to the bottom there is a link for contact tomtom or similar that takes you to the screen to log support calls.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Sadly I find TT tech support so inept that I haven't used them for 1 year. However I fully support the above.

Log the support call on line just for the comedy value of the advice they will give you and add more fuel to the fire. If it isn't logged with TT as far as they are concerned you are a satisfied customer, which you obviously aren't.

Thanks for the support.
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
081117-009376
081113-008732
081113-008690

090206-008225

They told me to reinstall voices. Absolutely useless
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

090211-009883

I am very disappointed with this product at the moment, I cannot imagine buying a TT again after this.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep them coming!
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

081112-009236

Just to also confirm still got Kaaaatttttteeeeee stutter after 8.301
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
jac40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this is the serial number; Admin Edit: Serial Number removed. PaulB2005
920T

*edit Sorry thought you were collecting serial numbers for Watchdog, I'll get a support qury logged and add number here tomorrow.
bensonboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I disagree, I run a 920 with 8.301 and have no problems and we've no way of knowing the percentage of users that do. Even if you do suffer, it is only under certain configurations so while a petition to Tomtom may be a good idea, I very much doubt a lawful case would have any standing.
An irritation - yes, so alter the configuration.
A farce - No.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensonboo wrote:
I'm afraid I disagree, I run a 920 with 8.301 and have no problems.

So why post on this thread then!
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

081115-002073
090212-002296 (Edited with my new question as well)

Last edited by bullyterrier on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: