Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 940 live voice control
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 940 live voice control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff4066
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Go 940 live voice control Reply with quote

My tomtom Go 940 live wouldnt start even after a reset so I followed the instructions from the tomtom website and reformatted and reinstalled my tomtom.

Everything appears fine but the button in the menu for turning the voice control is greyed out so you cant select this item.

I have gone through all the menus trying to get it back to normal but im having no luck, is there something obvious I am missing or is a file on the device missing and can I download it from somewhere if I knew what it was called?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you "reformatted and reinstalled", where did you reinstall from?

If you used a previous backup from when it was all working, then you should have several "cspeech..." files in the Western Europe folder.

If those are there, then try both a system reset (hold down the power switch for 15 seconds) AND a "Return to factory settings" (from the preferences menu). That usually fixes it.
Often it is down to using an incompatible MapSettings.cfg file from a previous software version.
jeff4066
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to reinstall from my back up but it didnt work so I had my last configuration copied into a windows folder and used that.

The tomtom website instructions were to delete the application on the device and the computer and it reinstalled its self on the cradle.

I have tried to restore settings but it hasnt worked the reset didnt work either.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A corrupted mapsettings.cfg file can cause this error. This is in the map directory. Make sure you have a backup of the file and if you delete the file, next time you start it will be recreated. This file contains most of your settings so these will all have to be re-entered. If this does not fix your problem, restore the file and settings from your backup.

If speech recognition (rather than the unit speaking to you) files are missing they are likely to be missing from your ASR folder.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've done the Return to Factory Settings I suggested, it will have re-created a new MapSettings.cfg file already.
jeff4066
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply, I repeated the process of formatting again and its working fine now, the only annoying thing now it that I have a legal disclaimer which I have to agree to on start up, how do I get rid of this?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time you switch on, or just every time you disconnect from the PC?

I'm not getting that on my 940 (running App: 8.310 (9760/090114)), but I am on my 720 when I disconnect. It's a software bug.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: