Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nuvi 200w Urgent help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvi 200w Urgent help please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cairnite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Lack of voice Instructions Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem with my new 205wt Nuvi bought as a Christmas present, it is supposed to replace a Tom Tom One 3rd edition but I am unwilling to get rid of my Tom Tom yet as I cannot trust the Garmin, the instructions when you are on a slip road exiting a motorway and roundabaouts are given too late to make a decision on which lane to be in.

I have also tried to use my Nu-Map guarantee offer but the map download is a ridiculous 2.6GB which would take between 14-18 hours on my broadband connection, my partner has just puchased a Tom Tom One XL which we have updated with the latest mapping for free as a new buyer - this took about 30 minutes to download, why is the Garmin software such a big file, it can't be the directional information as that is sadly lacking.

As the owner of two of Garmin's handhelds - a 60csx and a Venture Cx I am very disappointed with the Garmin Nuvi and am considering cutting my losses and purchasing a new Tom Tom One XL, I also have to say that the Garmin webiste is lacking in information about backing up the Garmin Unit to safeguard the software, with the Tom Tom Home Software it is very easy to back up and download software to the unit.

One very disappointed Garmin Nuvi owner Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: