Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Move TT6 from iPaq to TyTN II (Vodaphone v1615)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Move TT6 from iPaq to TyTN II (Vodaphone v1615)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Move TT6 from iPaq to TyTN II (Vodaphone v1615) Reply with quote

Although I use my Honda built in Satnav these days I still have my TT6 installed on my old iPaq PDA which I use in my wife's car.

I've just bought a 2nd hand Vodafone v1615 to replace my iPaq and old Nokia for work and want to obviously move my TT6 to it.

I know that the v1615 comes with a bundled TT and a free taster map and I can download the full Europe map for £39.99 from TomTom.

However being a tight wad I don't want to pay this as my current TT6 maps will suffice. Is it just as simple as re-register via www.ttcode.com and then download updates via TomTom Home again?

My dilema is my TT6 started out as TT5 and got updated online to TT6. Although I have my TT5 Cds and my products codes for both TT5 and TT6.

How do I get my TomTom (6.03) onto the v1615 though. I'm hoping the bundled version is already TT6 but I won't know until I get the phone.

I've just plugged my old iPaq into TomTom Home and it wants me to update the maps (not done it in ages) but I don't see the point as I want to swap the device when my v1615 comes later this week.

Can anybody see any problems with this?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the 6,032 software (I think that is the last release from memory) as there is a link on the TomTom web site within the support section, I can post a link straight to it later when I get back to the main PC. The download is in the form of a CAB file which you simply copy to the memory card, put the card in the device and use file explorer to locate it on the device, tap the file and the application will install.

With the software installed and your maps on the card activation should be straight forward using www.ttcode.com as you are allowed to change device every 6 months, you will of course have to remove the map from your older PDA as using the same map on two devices will be in breach of the license agreement - Mike
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike sounds easy enough to me.

The more I read about the bundled software with the v1615 it sounds like it is 6.03 anyway so just have to wait till I get it.

Has got to be well over 2 years ago that I upgraded to TT6 so I'm fine on the 6 month thing.

Update

Not got very far with direct download from the TomTom website, all my details are there along with product codes.

Anyway found a TT6 specific page for the HTC Kaiser (same as my v1615)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330235

Should be all set with the cab download from there (hoping it is on my CD anyway) as the 6.032 cab is needed to make use of the inbuilt GPS.

Hopefully all sorted when the phone actually arrives.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update for anybody interested was quite easy.

Version on the vodafone CD was 6.032 and installed it. I had already copied all my TomTom folders from my old CF card in the iPaq to the microSD card in the new PDA and as soon as I started TomTom it prompted me to activate my maps again. I just typed in the product code I had got from my account at TomTom.com and that was that.

It carried over all my favourites too, so I guess they must be stored in the UK folder on the memory card.

Works fine too, also the next time I loaded up TomTom Home it asked if I wanted to update my profile with this new device and then offered me all the map updates it had previously. I'm not sure what it has actually done there as the maps are still v660, however it did mention something about teleatlas for the post codes, so I guess it has swapped back to a Teleatlas map with TomTom now owning them?

Anyway quite happy, I know the maps are out of date but its just a backup and they are actually better quality maps than those in my Honda system.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The settings for home location and POI warnings etc is MapSettings.cfg and is located in the map folder, so by copying all the files from the old card to the new one it will take the settings to a new device.

Glad to hear you have got it all working, the latest map you could use is v675 but bearing in mind these are nearly two years out of date I would stick with the v660 you have got - there is little point spending £40+ on maps that are 2 years old! - Mike
Fiona
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread the other day I thought I would have a go. I have just upgraded my mobile to the HTC TyTnn and it has the TomTom application on there, it allows you to download one city map which I did but one map for Manchester isn't much good.

So following on from the above I copied all the maps information from my original Navigator 5 card to the microSD card in the phone, but it isn't picking up the information and when I go to File Explorer to and click on the files it says "There is no application associated with "tomtom". Run the application first, then open this file from within the appliction."

Is there something I am doing wrong - do I need to remove the new Manchester map or is it a case of the Navigator 5 isn't compatable with the newer versions.

I do have a TomTom One XL but it keeps dropping off the windscreen and is getting annoying so I thought I would use the one on the phone instead.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the v5 maps are compaitble with the v6 application that came with the smartphone. You would need to try and load the TT5 application onto your phone to be able to use those maps. I think it can be done if you have the software?

Failing that you will have to use TomTom Home on your PC and buy the maps to use on the V6 application on your phone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: