Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI's for New Zealand
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI's for New Zealand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthHams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: POI's for New Zealand Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone have any useful POI's for New Zealand? I am off on a trip there on the 15th Jan. and will be driving around for about 5 weeks.
Restaurants, Cafés, Sights worth seeing and Lord of the Rings sites would be of interest.

I have bought the TomTom map but any extra would help as I am inclined to not always trust the TomTom locations

Thanks
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS datateam, is a poi site.
They have some poi's for New Zealand. I have not tried them and cannot say if they are any good.

I have had a rummage around that site for other countries, but to be honest can't remember if I actually downloaded anything.
iCN520
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best site for POI's in New Zealand is : http://www.zenbu.co.nz/
you can download the database make up what you need. This database is used by the local NZ Oper GPS Project, one of the members has a program that will connect and download to your TomTom (can be found here http://gwprojects.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=470 )

cheers

GO720 v9.510 Navcore & v940 Australia/New Zealand map
SouthHams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The best site for POI's in New Zealand is : http://www.zenbu.co.nz/
you can download the database make up what you need. This database is used by the local NZ Oper GPS Project, one of the members has a program that will connect and download to your TomTom (can be found here http://gwprojects.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=470 )

Thanks ICN520. I have downloaded some of the POI's and they are fine.

I had problems with the software for automatically transferring directly to the TomTom. The program seemed to run OK but the file created had only the .bmp file and no .ov2's. By using the search routine in Zenbu and exporting into .kml (Google Maps) and using POI Edit I now have a useful selection of ov2 files.

Whilst the Zenbu database is very complete and the search function is good there seems to be little or no grouping of the entries. In trying to create a file of Shopping Malls or supermarkets I gave up as there was no way to separate the individual shops from the Malls without editing the complete file in POI Edit

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: