Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vito Technology - Oh Dear
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vito Technology - Oh Dear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Vito Technology - Oh Dear Reply with quote

Oh dear oh dear, not happy with Vito Technology. My Orbit 1 died, so got a new one (guarantee), then upgraded to Vista and Windows Mobile Drvice Centre (WMDC). Anyway, as I used Vito Navigator a fair amount on going walkies I reinstalled it after each "event" (new device, Vista etc). WMDC has a habit of just dropping it's connection to PPC and sometimes renaming the device for me, all of its own volition. I know many others have commented on this. Each time of course, Vito Navigator needed to make it's own new "validation" at the Vito Technology site. Apparently they only allow this three times before they expect you to buy a new licence. Their "support" has been no use to me at all, simply referring me to their FAQ sheet.

Oh dear. I have a perfectly legal copy of Vito Navigator, fully paid for, that I can't use without paying the price again. Each time I email Vito they take many days to reply. If anyone from Vito Technology happens by this posting do please change your licence terms!

Edit once to resolve link text, to see how it is done use the edit button and have a look at what I have altered - Mike Alder
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you updated Windows Mobile Device centre? - I recently switched to Vista 32bit and had nothing but problems with WMDC, I even contemplated formatting the new PC and going back to XP because of this issue.
When I updated the WMDC to 6,1,6965 and it has not faltered once with connections to any of my PDA units, software manufacturers need to re-consider how they lock software down though, the advent of WM6 has made the current method out of date. It is fine until you hard reset a PDA, then as you have found out things go very wrong. Unless companies are receptive to fixing issues where there are genuine problems, then I am afraid users of the legally obtained software will turn to the pirate versions pouring fuel on the piracy issue. - Mike
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, got the latest WMDC installed for a while now. From time to time WMDC will just rename my device (not often, two monthly about, or lose ability to sync without apparent reason. I'm very used to mucking about with PPC's in general so quite happy to cold start on a regular basis if needed and re-install. But, this has fallen foul of Vito Technology's licence system. I used to like their products (still do), but it's REALLY anoying when you buy something and can't use it because of their licence terms that restrict you installing more than three times or because of a device name change, or because of a device change. Ugh!
alahol2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Good service Reply with quote

I e-mailed 'support@vitotechnology.com' with this same problem and received a new license number within 12 hours...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: