Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3 Upgrade Program Begins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3 Upgrade Program Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid for the upgrade last night and have not received any confirmation email from TomTom..

I think it is a shambles, like the rest of TomTom business.

Evil or Very Mad
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your correct a real SHAMBLES
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
ThGrim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problems when coming to enter CC details. I tried later that evening and everything went fine (apart from the site being rather slow, well faster than pocketgpsworld.com).

Whitin 1 minute I had received 3 emails confirming:

Order Confirmation
Payment Confirmation
Invoice

Hopefully the software will arrive quickly.

Matt
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following another thread, I tried the process all over again.

Guess what? It worked - transaction went through.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went though the upgrade of tt navigator and western europe maps yesterday with no problems. no e-mail received as well, but order is in the support page under mytomtom/orders.

and today, shipping status says 'partially shipped!' i thought they would only start 21 april.
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reponse from Tomtom:

Due to a technical problem with our distributor, the check-out gave some problems. Our distributor solved these problems. To order the upgrade, please order again. Old unfinished orders are not being processed. Only finished orders (that are completely accepted and paid for) are being processed and will be sent to you as soon as possible.

When you receive the error that you can't order because your productcode has been used already, please send me your productcode. The productcode has to be activated again. Next week you can order your upgrade.

Thank you for your patience and best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
lost_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Something went wrong with your order Reply with quote

I have just ordered my tomtom 3 upgrade, but had to try 3 times before I was successful. I am accessing the site from a Mac, and found that Safari displays the site perfectly but won't complete the order, IE5 displays the site badly and won't complete the order, but Netscape 7 displays the site badly and completed the order. I tried several times from the unsucsessful browsers, but Netscape worked 1st time.

With regard to the product code already being registered as an upgrade after the first attempt, I just cancelled the current order and started a new one.

Hope this is of some help to those of you who are still struggling Smile
barryw1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help!
Like Tezzer, I too completed the order sequence for the upgrade, only for it to fail at the payment stage with the message that the payment process failed, please try again. I did, and now I have e-mails confirming two orders for the upgrade, and no means of sending payment. Does anone have an idea how to (a) remove an order (b) make payment or (c) contact Tomtom?
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryw1

I was in the same position as you.

I would suggest that you try the upgrade order process again later using the same product code. TomTom will ignore your previous orders as they're incomplete.
barryw1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Talkingbollox,

I'll try late at night and see if that's better. I hope you are right that Tomtom will ignore earlier orders, as I have clocked up a total of 5 over the course of the day!
juwlz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: All went smoothly for me Reply with quote

Having read the other posts, I went to the Support page and made sure my email address was registered before I started, and printed each order page as I went, but I was given an order number on the page where I had to fill out my Credit Card details, so as long as I printed that page I would be able to check what happened.

In the event, I had no problems, and my order is also now showing as "partialy shipped". I think I can forgive them the misspelling <g>.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom - where are you Tom Tom Reply with quote

My experience is that Tom Tom never reply to emails. They couldn't organise the proverbial up in a brewery either - I could just about forgive their previous shambolic upgrade processes, but by now there is no excuse. My upgrade went askew because for some strange reason it would only accept my product codes in a certain order (even though of course there was no indication of that on the form) I just had to find out by trial and error, which involved several attempts in case I had typed them in wrong, and then just trying reverse order because I had run out of ideas . So Europe product code has to be entered first, then GB. Bizarre or what.

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my THIRD replacement Tom Tom BTGPS unit. Interestingly though this time the technician I spoke to said that I would receive the new 'fixed' version of the unit. Are they accepting that the others were crap?

It's a good job that their software is about the best of the bunch (and with their sloppy business I suspect that is more by lack of competition than anything else) because they sure wouldn't get my money if it wasn't.

Ted
hmalan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting with baited breath and checking both this and TOMTOm's site each day, as soon as I noticed the thread here, early hours of the morning, I logged onto TOMTOM's site and ordered my upgrade. At first I thought there was a problem as I got a price up of 169 euro's. I e mailed TOM TOM and then came back to this site where I noticed this mentioned within this thread.

I then returned to TOM TOM's site, went through the process of ordering the upgrade, no problems at all, on the final confirmation/ payment page it showed cost 169 euro's - discount 169 euro's total cost inc postage 9.95 euro's.

Within about 30 minutes when I checked my e mails I had 3 emails confirming my order and that payment had been accepted.

Hopefully my upgrade will now arrive, I still haven't had a response from TOM TOM to my e mail though I did put an addition to it stating that I had resolved the problem.

I have however e mailed TOM TOM twice before and have received responses within 24 hours resolving my issues

Alan Thumbs Up
dekduke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can some one please tell me how I can get in touch with Tom Tom. I am going round in circles with this upgrade. I have tried quite a few times. I did order on the 14th but stopped at the payment stage due to the site not being secure. I can see my order on their site but I still need to be able to pay. I have read the other posts here about orders similar to mine will be ignored and to just start again but below is what I get .

Dear Derek

The Product Code you have entered has already been used for an upgrade. You can only upgrade one time, using this Product Code.

V5Vxxxxxxxxxx: TomTom Navigator 2 Great Britain

Return to the Upgrade page
prause
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to www.tomtom.com.
Press support.
In the left hand panel press updates (in the bottom).
You will now see a new option "Send an email" 2nd. from the top in left hand panel.

My apgrade unfortunately allso hang just before payment. Now i am awaiting:

"19-4-2004. The upgrade has been stopped while we carry out essential maintenance on our web store. The upgrade will be back online later today.

Evil or Very Mad

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: