Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home errors!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home errors!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: TomTom Home errors! Reply with quote

Hi - TTG700, was running Home 2.3, just backed up my TT before upgrading Home to 2.4, when starting home now get the error "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nslProperties.get]" - unable to report to TomTom. I can try and log in, doing so gives the error "gApplication.login is null". Uninstalled 2.4 and installed 2.3 again, getting the same errors - any ideas?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are running Windows XP or Vista etc, try a system restore to see if that helps. You may find your original v2.3 is there or will work again.

I try to remember to always make a restore point before adding new software or updating software.
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - got plenty of restore points but none seem to work... running Vista SP1 by the way.

Will see if I can raise a support call with TT...
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Fixed! TomTom Home errors! Reply with quote

Followed the advice from the page below, Home 2.4 now working again - just now can't seem to connect to the TomTom server to download any updates...

HOME error messages

"If you still get this error do the following:

Fully exit HOME by right-clicking its icon in the system tray (bottom right of the screen) and then clicking Exit.

Delete the folders TomTom in the following two locations:

Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data

Windows Vista C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

Application Data and AppData are by default hidden. To show hidden files and folders click Tools - Folder Options.... Click the View tab and tick Show hidden files and folders.

Start TomTom HOME again.

You should now be able to log in."
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't get this working - the previous trick (deleting TomTom folders from the user profile) only seemed to work once per reinstallation of HOME...

Now running HOME 2.5.2.60, getting the same error (below) when starting HOME. Also unable to report error to TomTom, get the error "The TomTom server did not understand the request". Was also unable to send a support email to TomTom but that appears to be working now, have submitted a question...

ERROR: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProperties.get]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js :: anonymous :: line 275" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:275
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:275
this._dataDir = directoryService.get("Pers", CI.nsIFile);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:250
this._initAppDirectories();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/app.js:37
this.settings.start();
3. chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.js:45
gApplication.start();
4. function onLoad chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.js:15
gMainWindow.start();
5. function onload chrome://tthome/content/ui/mainwin/mainWin.xul:1
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have fill access to your TomTom folders under your login and also is your Java on your PC up to date?
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a recent stream of Home errors, this from their site says it all really for me (Italics are mine to point to what I mean!)

Every time you start up TomTom HOME, it will automatically detect if your TomTom device is connected and offer you any available updates. Connect often to get the latest and the gratest!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamplight wrote:
After a recent stream of Home errors, this from their site says it all really for me (Italics are mine to point to what I mean!)

Every time you start up TomTom HOME, it will automatically detect if your TomTom device is connected and offer you any available updates. Connect often to get the latest and the gratest!

See? TT is correct! Every new Home dl does GRATE on our nerves!! Evil or Very Mad

The funniest thing in Home is the opportunity to partake of beta versions of Home! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

After all, EVERY version is a beta, it seems! Shocked
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Do you have fill access to your TomTom folders under your login and also is your Java on your PC up to date?

Yes I've checked that, already had full access. Have had a reply from TomTom, basically uninstall, remove any / all folders called TomTom or Navcore, empty recycle bin(!), cleanup disks, try reinstalling - will give it a go this evening...
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the fix suggested by TomTom, initially worked however subsequently doesn't (same error as original post), I personally can't be bothered to reinstall Home anytime I might want to check for updates...
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like a user rights issue in that you can create files and directories (running it first time) but are not able to overwrite them (running it the next time).
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your query regarding your home error.

We currently cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this problem. We have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.

We hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
It does sound like a user rights issue in that you can create files and directories (running it first time) but are not able to overwrite them (running it the next time).

This does seem to be the issue, although my administrator account is the original (only) account on the PC - if I create a second admin account and reinstall HOME it works, but no amount of faffing around with the original account can get HOME to work more that the initial time after installation. TomTom are also of the opinion that this is the case, specifically mentioning the Documents folder - which has already been checked but there's probably something else somewhere - I'll keep looking...
timbof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New issue - posted seperately
mcqueen
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problem installing and running HOME on VISTA. Seems to be a problem if User Account Control is switched on. Switch this off and it runs fine. I explained this to TomTom Support who advised me to switch off UAC, rather than fixng the issue!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: