Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tripmaster v2.4a is available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tripmaster v2.4a is available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Tripmaster v2.4a is available Reply with quote

Hello,

Tripmaster v2.4a is available for download here :
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

The v2.4a version fixes a bug that prevents time refresh when Tripmaster is in automatic colors mode.

The v2.4 version fixes a memory leak when Tripmaster is put in background. It also re-introduces all the setup screen on v1.8 version.

Unfortunately, this version doesn't work with v8.350 Tomtom Navcore.

Last edited by roussillat on Sat May 09, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks rousillat, I have v2.3 installed on my TTGo730 at the moment. Unfortunately, when I have it running in the background it interrupts my navigated route and then keeps flashing on and off, very annoyingly. I have sort of fixed this by setting my maximum speeds to 190km/h (a speed i shall never attain so Tripmaster does not interrupt my route to tell me I'm exceeding the speed limit and start the interruptions). Please tell me, is this the same bug as the "Memory Leak" that you have fixed in v2.4.

Many thanks rousillat. I'd much prefer to have Tripmaster available as an option than a couple of new Flags telling me how far from home I am together with reduced volume limits, so I shall not be upgrading to Navcore 8.350 just yet.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Unfortunately, when I have it running in the background it interrupts my navigated route and then keeps flashing on and off, very annoyingly. I have sort of fixed this by setting my maximum speeds to 190km/h (a speed i shall never attain so Tripmaster does not interrupt my route to tell me I'm exceeding the speed limit and start the interruptions). Please tell me, is this the same bug as the "Memory Leak" that you have fixed in v2.4.

No, this is not one of the bugs fixed in v2.4. I didn't even notice this.
I presume that the flashing sequence comes when Tripmaster is in background and when you reach the speed limit you've setup. That's it ?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonsoir rousillat, I did have (both) default speed limits set up on start up as 90km/h. This seemed to be the obvious choice for me as this is the normal national speed limit in Spain (and France?) except on a motorway or dual carriage way. However, when I did drive on a dual carriage way/motorway and drive at up to 110km/h exceeding the 90km/h pre-set, Tripmaster would come to the foreground and "flash" on and off, very erratically, spasmodically and never stop until I turned my TT Go730 off and re-started it. Which, in turn, interrupted the trip I was logging.

As I have mentioned, I overcame this by setting my maximum speeds as 190km/h which meant that Tripmaster never interrupted, but just stayed in the background, logging my trips.

So what is the memory leak you have fixed? How does it display itself? I have not noticed any bug other than the one I have just described nor read about any other user problems.

Regards, AliOnHols.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
notsoslo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripmaster v2.4 is available Reply with quote

roussillat wrote:
Hello,

Tripmaster v2.4 is available for download here :
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

This version fixes a memory leak when Tripmaster is put in background. It also re-introduces all the setup screen on v1.8 version.

Unfortunately, this version doesn't work with v8.350 Tomtom Navcore.

Greetings roussillat,
Very nice program, I make good use of it. On my Rider v2 with app 7.54 I do not have an icon added for Tripmaster.

I have no .mnu file. Previously simply adding the .bmp and .cap files to the sdkregistry folder made menu entrys. Do you think the Rider handles additional menu items different from the other models?

In the meantime I continue to use the previous app, which however won't let me use the map update I paid dearly for.
Regards, notsoslo
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
However, when I did drive on a dual carriage way/motorway and drive at up to 110km/h exceeding the 90km/h pre-set, Tripmaster would come to the foreground and "flash" on and off, very erratically, spasmodically and never stop until I turned my TT Go730 off and re-started it. Which, in turn, interrupted the trip I was logging.

OK, I'm going to reproduce it and fix it. Can you try to remove the audible alarm if you've set it. I'm afraid the problem comes from that.
Quote:
So what is the memory leak you have fixed? How does it display itself? I have not noticed any bug other than the one I have just described nor read about any other user problems.

In fact, in v2.3, each time you put Tripmaster in background, it looses 200 Ko in the RAM memory of Tomtom. So, with v2.3, if you put in background and recall in foreground several times Tripmaster, your Tomtom will reboot when there's not enough memory left. This is fixed in v2.4.
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripmaster v2.4 is available Reply with quote

notsoslo wrote:
Greetings roussillat,
Very nice program, I make good use of it. On my Rider v2 with app 7.54 I do not have an icon added for Tripmaster.

On v7.54, you need to create a customized menu, with a /sdkregistry/tomtom.mnu file including a TASKSDK command to view a plugin icon.
notsoslo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripmaster v2.4 is available Reply with quote

roussillat wrote:
notsoslo wrote:
Greetings roussillat,

On v7.54, you need to create a customized menu, with a /sdkregistry/tomtom.mnu file including a TASKSDK command to view a plugin icon.

Thank you for the response, I am anxious to try this. Can I make a single entry in the tomtom.mnu file for Tripmaster and expect it to appear at the end of the default menu or must the entire default menu be defined here also?

Sorry to make this so complicated, I did not understand tomtom.mnu could be used if I have the Tomtom standard menu. This will be fun.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply roussillat. I shall try your advice tomorrow and report back to you.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Tripmaster v2.4 is available Reply with quote

notsoslo wrote:
Thank you for the response, I am anxious to try this. Can I make a single entry in the tomtom.mnu file for Tripmaster and expect it to appear at the end of the default menu or must the entire default menu be defined here also?

You must define the entire menu.

Have a look here:
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/persomenu.php

It's in french but you have examples to understand.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi roussillat,

are you still working on the ability to be able to reset the average speed reading?

Thanks
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3dbw wrote:
are you still working on the ability to be able to reset the average speed reading?

Yes, that in the todolist, but :
1- my priority is to find a solution for v8.350 Navcore problem with plugins
2- It's not so easy to do that because time used to calculate average is a key variable in Tripmaster behaviour, resetting it may produce strange effects.
3- I dont' know which screen zone I can use for that
notsoslo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tripmaster v2.4 is available Reply with quote

roussillat wrote:
notsoslo wrote:

You must define the entire menu.

Have a look here:
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/persomenu.php

It's in french but you have examples to understand.

Thank you- worked very well.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roussillat wrote:
s3dbw wrote:

Yes, that in the todolist, but :
1- my priority is to find a solution for v8.350 Navcore problem with plugins
2- It's not so easy to do that because time used to calculate average is a key variable in Tripmaster behaviour, resetting it may produce strange effects.
3- I dont' know which screen zone I can use for that

Thanks, much appreciated

regards
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks to Cyph on Tomtomheaven forum, I've been able to find a solution to get Tripmaster working on v8.350.

This week, I will deliver a v2.5 version for Tripmaster with an additional module for v8.350 Navcore.

Stay on the line, plugins adventure can continue ;-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: