Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgraded to v8, problems with PGPS Large Cam Icons?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgraded to v8, problems with PGPS Large Cam Icons?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder if it was a distance thing with cameras close together. I currently have them all set to warn at 500 yards and that probably causes some overlap with mobiles on certain stretches. Its not a major problem as the voice warnings all work fine. Its more of an irritation.

Jon
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the new "look", my warning in the top corner always seemed to nearly flash in time with the three chimes I have on the front of my warning voices.
Now, it seems to flash sometimes or just sit there without flashing, or flash twice - whatever it feels like! (or more likely - how busy it is!)
As far as I can tell, it is supposed to flash from the distance you set and then stay on solidly for the last xxx yards, but that figure isn't constant, it seems to be dependant on the total distance set. Maybe its 50%?

Nothing to do with the icons from here though... it does just the same with it's built-in POIs, it's just the naff software.
SouthHams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Icons for OZ/NZ Reply with quote

I downloaded the cameras and the X2 icons for New Zealand recently and they would not display on the map.

I changed back to the standard size. Is this because they were still 48*48's or have they been changed to the new 44*44's?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say they "would not display on the map", what are you expecting to see?

The icons displayed on both the normal driving view and on the "Browse map" page will always be the normal-sized ones. The large "x2" versions are only used to improve the quality of the larger icon that flashes in the top left corner when you have them set to "warn when near".

If you want to know what size they are, just right click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" from the context menu. The "Summary" tab lists the pixel size.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Before the new "look", my warning in the top corner always seemed to nearly flash in time with the three chimes I have on the front of my warning voices.
Now, it seems to flash sometimes or just sit there without flashing, or flash twice - whatever it feels like! (or more likely - how busy it is!)
As far as I can tell, it is supposed to flash from the distance you set and then stay on solidly for the last xxx yards, but that figure isn't constant, it seems to be dependant on the total distance set. Maybe its 50%?

Having just got a 720 and updated to 8.3 and maps 815. I use Ash10's Camera manager to mange the speed cams as I used this with my nuvi previously.

The top left warning has always flashed initially then settled down to steady. I just though this was normal and was there as an initial alert (i.e. to get you to notice it if you don't have audible warnings). Nice touch I thought Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
If you want to know what size they are, just right click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" from the context menu. The "Summary" tab lists the pixel size.
I find that if I simply hover my cursor over them in Windows Explorer, a window pops out telling me all sorts of details, primarily dimensions, but if available, camera make/model and date taken and stuff.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
I find that if I simply hover my cursor over them in Windows Explorer, a window pops out telling me all sorts of details, primarily dimensions, but if available, camera make/model and date taken and stuff.
It depends which boxes are ticked in Tools | Folder Options | View. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
It depends which boxes are ticked in Tools | Folder Options | View. Wink
Well I dunno what I've ticked, or rather what I ticked a zillion years ago - is it that one "Show pop up description"? Can't think what else it might be and I sure as eggz iz eggz never ticked that box, which is ticked - it must have come ready ticked. Uncle Bill Gates just magically knew what I wanted. Laughing

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bmp icon file must be exactly matched in name to the ov2 file, this also applies to the x2 bmp files for the larger icon sets and the ogg audio files for spoken alerts:

pochetgps_uk_gatso_30.ov2 (The database)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp (The normal icon)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_X2.bmp (The larger icon for top left)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg (Spoken alert audio file)

I think you can go up to 44x44 for the X2.bmp icons, any larger and they don't show up, I have not played around re-sizing the normal bmp icons - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The bmp icon file must be exactly matched in name to the ov2 file, this also applies to the x2 bmp files for the larger icon sets and the ogg audio files for spoken alerts:

pochetgps_uk_gatso_30.ov2 (The database)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp (The normal icon)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_X2.bmp (The larger icon for top left)
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg (Spoken alert audio file)

I think you can go up to 44x44 for the X2.bmp icons, any larger and they don't show up, I have not played around re-sizing the normal bmp icons - Mike

And if you notice Mike's typo above (h instead of k), this is an example of where it won't work. No criticism Mike, it's a perfect example, is all, to demonstrate that the filenames must be identical.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
And if you notice Mike's typo above (h instead of k), this is an example of where it won't work. No criticism Mike, it's a perfect example, is all, to demonstrate that the filenames must be identical.
Thats why I did the typo (honest) Embarassed
Now where is that large rock to go and hide under again....... - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Mike. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I should've realised You'd done it deliberately. I am getting old - You would have been impressed with how bright I was yesterday. Crying or Very sad

thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to retain the Icon sets that come with the TomTom 8.15 Map (as they are clearer images in the top left corner) but apply them to the PGPS Camera Database? If it is - I will remove the added icons.

My concern is that they will not flash up for each of the cameras or may be attuned to the original TomTom Traffic database which of course I have disabled?
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is not possible to use the icons that flash up top left that are supplied with the device when using the PGPSW database. You can use the larger icons Gerry created which are better than nothing, but since the introduction of 8,300 their effectiveness has been sadly reduced due to the Navcore software from TomTom - Mike
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike - a pity indeed.

TomTom may not provide the best Camera database but their icons look the best and are clear to read Cool
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: