Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap 5/BB9700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap 5/BB9700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobody911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Telmap 5/BB9700 Reply with quote

I just want to share my experience with Telmap5. I searched a little in this forum and did not find my personal problems.
I am using the Version 5.12.

If the application has loaded, most things are usable, and work nicely.
But, if there is a problem with GPS or network, while starting the app or trying to navigate, the program brings the Blackberry down. I still can switch to another application, but, never back. After about 5 Minutes, the Program terminats with a Java error message.

Navigations works fine - even, when the blackberry automatic security locks the device, but, when I am at the destination, and want to unlock the BB, I can enter my password, but then again the blackberry hangs for minutes until the application crashes.

These problems exist with all BB OS version until the current running 5.0.0.938.

Most other things work good.

My suggestions for Improvements:
I whish Telmap had mode, where it just monitors the road and alterts me if a speedcam is approaching, without specifying a destination.
The user interface is a bit sluggish, but I can live with that. During driving I dont use other feature of the BB that much.
A more friendly female voice. Currently, it sounds like a little like a undead "governess", but, this a very unimportant wish.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Your feedback Reply with quote

Hi there,
Many thanks for this feedback.
We'll look into those bugs and try to reproduce them.

I'll pass on your request for Speed Cam alerts even when not navigating - makes some sense to me - let's see what our product department has to say about that.

Regarding the voice - I know it's a bit metallic - and that's because it is indeed machine generated - this is pretty much as good as it gets with today's technology - the up side is due to this you do get the street names.
thanks
TUGAdmin
nobody911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for evaluating the integration of speed-cam monitoring.

There is an application called "trapster" which does this thing, however, even if its (currently) free, it does not work very well:
For a 20km drive, it downloads 800kb of maps from Microsoft, wastes battery and data - I would rather pay the ticket when in roaming mode, then the charges for the data.
The only nice thing of this application is, that not only speed-cams are included, but, also "known enforcement points" - locations, where it is likely that a mobile speed cam might be located.

For other systems like stand-alone navigation there are plugins on the market which you can add for speed-cam monitoring (dont know If you have to turn on navigation).

So, this is already something where a market exists.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: