Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 7.900 software for 910 - RESULT!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

7.900 software for 910 - RESULT!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

The new version of the file does not work with the new map version. I downloaded 7.9 a few evenings ago and then immediately bought version 8.15 of the UK map and TMC failed to work. Following the steps above brought the TMC back to life but the inaccurate delay times still remain.

Paul
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just updated my dads TT GO 510 to Navcore v7.900 this evening (19th Nov).

TomTom are still distributing the upgrade with the duff mctx.dat file Shocked

TomTom obviously dont give a toss about all the problems their upgrade is causing Exclamation
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version of the App downloaded today - ver 7.903

Installed no problem except, guess what?! Duff mctx file and no traffic information.

Have repaired the mctx as per earlier instructions on here and expect that when I go out again, TMC will once again work.

Will be interesting to see if the "1 minute" bug has now been fixed. But I bet it hasn't!
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, arent TomTom fantastic Exclamation

Updated my 910 to Navcore version 7.903 and had to fix the TMC mctx file again Shocked

TomTom obviously don't learn from their mistakes Razz

Lets see the multitude of new bugs this latest version has to offer Very Happy
mullengers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since August 2008 my GO910 has been crashing terribly when trying to use my Nokia 6300 phone on BT Mobile (Vodafone) and the Tomtom GPRS Traffic service / Speed cameras.
The fault was something to do with any of the following:
1. Any time I ignored the route advise and Tomtom replanned and tried to get new traffic info - freeze, crash and reboot
2. Any time I was on the phone (via Tomtom's hands free or Bluetooth in-car handsfree) (incoming or outgoing call) and the Tomtom couldn't get is Traffic update via GPRS - freeze, crash and reboot
3. First thing in the morning when I turned the Tomtom on, first traffic update via GPRS or first speed cam update would result in a freeze, crash and reboot
All settings were lost since the last time I physically turned the Tomtom on and off.
Last week I put 7.900 on there and it was still crashing merrily.

I was shocked, but have to note, now that my GO910 has navcore 7.903 on it - IT HAS NOT CRASHED for two days! Sunday drove 100 miles and today 150 miles, not one Tomotm software crash or reboot. I even forced all the usual events above and no software crashes!

They still havn't fixed the auto day/night colours bug which means my GO910 gets "stuck" on nighttime mode when I turn it off in the windscreen mount (at night) and then back on in the cradle at home (day or night). Then, even when out of the cradle or screen mount its in nighttime mode! Also it can be in nighttime mode, but at 100% brightness when meant to be dim and dim when meant to be bright. Aweful at night time, quite blinding.

Glad they fixed the GPRS traffic crashing all the time though.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One minute bug not fixed!
malarcy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 910 was stable on bluetooth against a variety of phones until 7.900 - then it started the crash/hang/reboot comedy (has the same problem when the unit 1st went to version 7 way back when)

Was about to downgrade - back to 7.652 (I think) - when I connect up I was offered 7.903 - apparently only favourites fixed.

We'll see, I think my traffic has expired but I will try some handsfree stuff tomorrow and see if I have stable working unit again.

Malarcy
andycabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same 7.900 problem on TT910 here gents. TT Support have not a clue...did you resolve rhe problem or is it still ongoing?
Andy

COLINRG wrote:
emjaiuk wrote:
Has anyone used TMC with 7.9 yet? There's me thinking they might have fixed it with this version, but now i can't get anything at all!!! Just the rotating orange disc. i suppose it might be coincidence Crying or Very sad

Same here, seems to have the TMC totally. Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andycabs wrote:
Same 7.900 problem on TT910 here gents. TT Support have not a clue...did you resolve rhe problem or is it still ongoing?
Andy

Andy, if you read back through the earlier posts within this thread the answer to the RDS issue has been resolved, a couple of people have got it working as can be seen below:

pcaouolte wrote:
I have fixed the tmc problem on my GO510 Jumping With Joy

Before the update to 7.900 there was a file in the root of the device called mctx.dat. After the update to 7.900 this file had gone.

Tomtom have very quietly released another version of the update for the GO510 & GO710. This release, which is still called version 7.900, includes the mctx.dat file but the contents of the file have changed.

RDS-TMC does not work (for me) if the file is missing or with the new version of the file! Well done again tomtom, another triumph. Confused

Restoring the mctx.dat file from a backup prior to the 7.900 upgrade makes rds-tmc work again. Very Happy

For those without a backup, the old version of mxtc.dat was simply a text file containing "22220" (without the quotes).

As always, take a backup before fiddling. Very Happy

DeLorean wrote:
Hi pcaouolte,

After I posted my TMC problems, I found info on the net about TomTom missing mctx.dat and other files from their earlier v7.900 release (clever TomTom) Shocked

They also said that the mctx.dat file was required for the TMC to function.

I checked my 910 and it was there, so I had a look at the files contents.

mctx.dat after update:
TX01CVε .PQ'ξVN$dydGz~z

I then checked my backup of mctx.dat prior to upgrading to v7.900

mctx.dat file prior to upgrade:

Humm.. something didn't look right, so I replaced the new mctx.dat file with my backed up copy.

Also locate (in the root of your TomTom) the folder "gns" and delete the file gnsdata.

The gnsdata file will automatically be recreated when your TomTom is next connected to your TMC reciever.

BINGO! TMC is now back up and running Very Happy

As pcaouolte said, always backup your TomTom before tinkering about with it Cool

Or, are you having other issues with the device running this release of Navcore on the device - Mike
andycabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Andy, if you read back through the earlier posts within this thread the answer to the RDS issue has been resolved, a couple of people have got it working as can be seen below:

Or, are you having other issues with the device running this release of Navcore on the device - Mike

Hi Mike...thanks for reply. I was aware of the mctx file missing or corrupt. Also there is the gns folder missing "gnsdata" reported too. Could not be asked to fluff about so I have circumvented by loading up an old disk image with Navcore 7.162. TT910 is working with TMS and everything else it seems at the moment. I await with baited breath for the next problem thats bound to manifest resultant of 7.162.

Updating on "home" I am surprised not to see it try to prompt me to update to 7.9 again...must be honest, as things are now I wouldn't anyways, but funny its not offering? I seem to recall over a year ago that it was possible to force update of application, maps and anything else...cannot remember how...any idea if this is still a feature? When work quietens after new year "might" be tempted to download 7.9 and restore mctx if you think this will do the trick...provided I can find a 7.9? :O)

I may get a reply from TT support sometime, inconsiderate bumpkins are not working over Xmas....humbug eh! :O)

Best wishes and thanks again...all appreciated!!

Andy
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andycabs wrote:
Updating on "home" I am surprised not to see it try to prompt me to update to 7.9 again...must be honest, as things are now I wouldn't anyways, but funny its not offering?
Probably because it can 'see' the download in the download folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
andycabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Probably because it can 'see' the download in the download folder.

Yes, this was the problem...I deleted these and current Navcore...7.9 offered by "home" and downloaded. Then amended the mctx to "22220" (still has TX01CVε .PQ'ξVN$dydGz~z
loading up...well done TT! Rolling Eyes ) and deleted "gnsdata". TMC works!

Yet to look into this "always 1 minute delay" reported elsewhere on this forum but at least the thing seems to be working thanks to you guys..appreciated!
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never experienced this 1 minute delay problem Very Happy

I had to go to Luton Airport and Southampton a few days ago and my 910 was spot on with traffic delays Very Happy

There mus be a simple solution to this problem, we just need to find it Wink
cjyoung
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeLorean wrote:

I too have been suffering for a over a year with the 1 minute delay problem and have been chasing TomTom Support via a call I raised, but no answer yet.

As indicated in your comment I too think there is probably a simple answer; it does seem strange that there are a few 910s that do seem to work OK with TMC whilst the remainder suffer from the 1 minute problem.

Given yours is working OK, any chance you could PM me a directory listing of your TomTom so I could compare it against my device e.g with a DIR /S command on the root directory redirected to a file.

Hopefully,

Chris
andycabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjyoung wrote:
DeLorean wrote:

I too have been suffering for a over a year with the 1 minute delay problem and have been chasing TomTom Support via a call I raised, but no answer yet.

As indicated in your comment I too think there is probably a simple answer; it does seem strange that there are a few 910s that do seem to work OK with TMC whilst the remainder suffer from the 1 minute problem.

Given yours is working OK, any chance you could PM me a directory listing of your TomTom so I could compare it against my device e.g with a DIR /S command on the root directory redirected to a file.

Hopefully,

Chris

Chris, I seem not to have the problem so far...please give exact instruction how to get root dir via DIR/s to a file (I tried and could only get it in CMD window) and I will send you mine,
Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: