Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM GO 740 - Navigate to contact address
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM GO 740 - Navigate to contact address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulWebster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM GO 740 - Navigate to contact address Reply with quote

I apologise for this being what must be an obvious question - but I have tried searching here for things like "contacts POI" "outlook sync" "postcode contacts navigate" ... but I can't find a way to maintain a contact list (phone and/or Outlook) and then use the TomTom to navigate to a contact (e.g. by it looking up the postcode in the address).
I can see that the contacts.txt does not hold address details.

I presume that I could export the addresses from Outlook - and look up the postcodes to generate POI file (and I expect that somewhere there is a tool for that) - but navigating to a POI seems to start from a city.
I can see that it is only a few keystrokes to look-up a postcode and then key it in but wouldn't it be easier to also be able to start from a contact/recent caller etc.

(Recently had a TomTom GO 740 Live as a present - because I had been saying that using the navigation software in iPhone or Nokia N95 wasn't really enough)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom cannot do this "nav to outlook" function, it was/ is possible when using the PDA version of the software but I never found it very reliable to be honest.
All you can do is create a POI file and put that on the device, then use any of the Nav To/ POI functions to select your address from the presented list AFAK the device will return the 24 nearest addresses to the point you have based the search around - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: