Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Routes Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Routes Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Routes Problem Reply with quote

I got my new SatMap early last week, and I am delighted with it.
First fix took 5 mins, and since then less than 30 seconds (often instantaneous).
Last night I planned my first route for a 6 mile stroll in a circuit from my home.
All went splendidly - the bread-crumb trail falling perfectly on my highlighted track, and the whole experience was most entertaining, and encouraging for more adventurous walks in the future.
However, I had one slight niggle. In the dialogue box, I had selected distance to next waypoint, bearing to next waypoint and distance to end as 3 of the information boxes. All through the walk the two distance boxes showed 47ft and the bearing was always 257m. (I am old - hence the Imperial settings!!)
What did I do wrong?
I am sure I "activated" the route before I set off.
Also-
I am sure I read somewhere that there is an "altitude change to next waypoint" info box, but can't find it?
I have RTFM, but can't seem to find answers to these.
Thanks.
p.s.
Has anyone got Wainwright's walks available as Routes?
Cheers
Rogerfrit
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually use this facility but I've just been out to test it and it works fine for me - I use software version 1.2, you don't by any chance have software version 1.3?
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is V 1.200
I have tried it again, and this time I get a constant 72ft and 232 degrees.
Also the waypoint I am approaching doesn't change colour like it says in the manual?
Very frustating - I have no doubt I am doing something very basic and very simple, very wrong!!
Thanks for trying.
Help!
Rogerfrit.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear by the Satmap Active 10 but sometimes I swear at it. It's not unheard of for changes in set up to affect what you would think are totally unrelated items, also there are still a few bugs around in the software.

The only suggestion I can make is to go through the settings list and return everything to default and then power down and back up by removing the batteries just for good measure before trying again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: