Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman announce the Spirit S100 satnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman announce the Spirit S100 satnav
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its full Black! Just looks sexy! If it has European maps im buying that then the S300! On Tesco.com it says its only £250.

So yeh Smile Not bad!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will360 wrote:
Its full Black! Just looks sexy! If it has European maps im buying that then the S300! On Tesco.com it says its only £250.
So yeh Smile Not bad!

Yes, but they have had the S100 (not the S100T) on that site for some time with availablity in October and they are still not offering it. Yet, Halfords have had the S100T for some time and supplying it from their web site. It's been said on this forum somwhere that the S300 (will there be a 'T') version will be available in January. I don't think I can wait that long........
Will360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, Il just wait and see what happens in january since im driving from london to Romania in June and il see and give a full review of the satnav im gona use, Which hopefully will be the S300 :D

We will wait and see :D
Il just be patient and see what happens in January :D
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will360 wrote:
Awww, Il just wait and see what happens in january since im driving from london to Romania in June and il see and give a full review of the satnav im gona use, Which hopefully will be the S300 :D
We will wait and see :D
Il just be patient and see what happens in January :D

Quite a journey - one that I do regularly. Which route are you taking?. The shortest is about 2,400km (1440 miles). What sort of vehicle? Hope you get a suitable GPS to guide you, but most of it is by Motorway and it is very difficult to get lost unless you roam off the Motorways. If you need any advice on the journey - Vignettes, Tolls etc.. then PM me. I think one of the most congested areas is around Budapest but new and improved motorways in Hungary is making it much easier to drive in that country.
Dabri
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to have look at the S100 the other Sunday - just to look. But it tempted me by its attractive design and neat mapping, and I bought one. Since others have already reviewed their units I will just comment that the S100 does still have a 12,000 POI limit, but does gave a warning of such. I did install our hosts' speed cameras (as consolidated) and the unit took them and appeared to work. The data is now in .csv format rather than .asc (as per the earlier ones). The overall programme seems much the same as the iCN530, but with a new interface. However, when I let the unit navigate today it re-booted four times over a 200 mile journey. I guess that's what the S30-90 units did. So it was returned to the store and I wonder what to try next - the TomTom Live is certainly appealing.
TangoCharlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking of getting one of these fine looking machines.

Can someone please answer a couple of quires first...

How is the cradle system. I'll be entering and leaving my car at least seven times a day so I need a system that is not fiddly and wont break.

The 'clear route' thing looks good but i do like to see surrounding roads. This is useful if I suddenly want to deviate from the route and turn down a road that is heading in the same direction. Can you always see the surrounding roads when taking a route?

Is there a direction arrow that points to the location you are traveling to? I find this useful, again, if I want to deviate. At least then you know you are traveling in the correct direction.

Many thanks,
Tc
TangoCharlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Spirit 100 Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
xtraseller wrote:

By the way at Halfords the S100 is in its exclusive version - the S100T (still for the £199) - which means free lifetime traffic within the package

I did check that with Navman, who told me that the 'traffic' was an add-on available from their Store - mind you, we were talking S100 so I suppose the 'T' bit is the traffic......I expect, extra maps will also be available (for E. & W Europe in due course also at a price)

I'll give it a few more weeks and see if I can actually see the devices and then make up my mind - but you must admit at only about £24 extra, the Moov models have a very good spec. The only thing missing is the Spirit map display.

Well, I took the plunge and got one from Halfords. £176-21 and a free £20 Halfords voucher! Great VFM!

I dont understand what the 'T' does on the device. The traffic feature on mine appears not to work. Can anyone explain?

Ive crossed over from TomTom and this device is far from user friendly but probably worth the learning curve. The Navdesk software is not that pretty! Wont work on my Macs either.

Gonna give the device a good test run tomorrow when I visit five company addresses!

But...how do I get the traffic feature to do something?

Oh, and can you stop that annoying 'safety agreement' from popping up every time you power up and want a quick get-away?!

Tc
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
I have not submitted a post on this site for a long while?
Looking at the Navman site I see a new model available S300T priced at around £270 and it is available today. I was looking at getting new maps for my N60i, but at £70, is it worth the expense or should I go for it and get the all singing , all dancing and free 2009 map upgrade when launched for an extra £200.
I could do with another unit as my old 510 still works, but the maps are so out of date, it makes work that much harder.
I like the sound of all the bells & whistles the 300T has.
Convince me and I may get it for Christmas.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

I would say the S300T is great if you need European mapping, otherwise the S100T (Traffic model exclusively from Halfords) is a bargin at £179 plus £20 Halfords Vouchers Gift at the moment with UK only maps - otherwise much the same unit (no FM transmitter or bluetooth)
onerow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: S200 Europe at S200 regional prices? Reply with quote

As per my post on the 'New Navman S Moels' thread, Additions direct (part of the Shop Direct Group), are advertising the S200 with full western European maps for £179.13.

As they only supply the regional model, and Navman won't yet sell a key to unlock the maps, it seems that the only way they can honour the contract is by supplying the S300 model at the same price (currently £229).

I'll advise how I get on, you may want to consider placing an order before (if) the web site is changed. As I understand it, they don't have to supply the goods as advertised, but if they do take your money and deliver a product, then it must perform as advertised.
onerow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Still advertised... Reply with quote

Update as promised - unit swapped for S300 for no extra charge, interweb advert still claims S200 is pre-loaded with western European maps...

Click Here

Admin Edit: URL Truncated. PaulB2005
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I am at a dilemma. I have been waiting for the new map release?
I contacted Navman and received a reply!
My question was if I purchased an S300T from them today would it come with the latest mapping.
Over the festive season, as a promotion, you could get a free map upgrade when available. The reply was. The promo had discontinued (which I was fully aware of) and that I would have to purchase the upgraded maps when released later this year, as the S300T currently is supplied with the older maps (2008.7).
My dilemma is do I purchase the map upgrade for my N60i £70, find someone who has XP to upload them onto my N60i via the SD card I have to purchase. (I run Vista). Pay the price for a new S300T, purchase the new maps (£70) when they are released later this year, which takes the total retail price up to Tom Tom top model prices.
Or forget about Navman totally, and go Tom Tom 940 or 730, or someone else?
Any advice?
Regards,
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the two "Sticky's" in this forum still need to be sticky?

Both over two years since last post.

HummerUK
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Un-stickied Smile
carabina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Need urgen help Reply with quote

Hy al . I have a mio nmoov m400 and i format the flash drive
and i need all the files to put them back to make it work again . Pls help me
My email adress is EMail Address removed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: