Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - memory map/satmap active 10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

memory map/satmap active 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brisca624
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: memory map/satmap active 10 Reply with quote

Hi can anyone tell me if i can use mm on my satmap 10 please.I want to plan a route on my pc then transfer to satmap 10.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of This Thread which details routes conversion for SatSync and your active10 device, MM to Active10 is certainly possible for route information - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you cannot use MM directly on the Satmap, the maps are a wholly different format and Satmap will only use its own maps.
davehoyles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: NO PC MAPPING Reply with quote

That’s the only down side on the Active 10, no pc mapping unlike MM. I have MM and you can plot upload and print OS maps, the down side the GPS is Road angel, lousy battery life and clunky interface.

I had a long talk to SatMap but just couldn’t get over to them that the pc interface and map printing was as important as the stand alone qualities of Active 10 GPS.

You pay £50, £100, £150 for a mapping GPS then you have to go out and buy the paper maps as well at £8.00 a piece. Where’s the sense in that?

ROAD ANGLE lacks the sophistication of the Active 10 hardware!!!!
ACTIVE 10 lacks the mapping ability of memory maps!!!! Confused Laughing

Is it the usual, you can’t tell a British company anything. Seen it before with British industry. Is this why we don't manufacture anything in this country anymore????

Get real SATMAP!!!! Make it better each time and keep pace with your competition. Don’t make excuses.
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: MM & Satmap Reply with quote

I use http://maps.the-hug.net/index.php which was recommended on this site for creating routes, which can be saved in gpx format and with SatSync downloaded on to the Active 10. I agree it is about time that SatMap produced the online route planning that they promised ages ago.
jolly47roger
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other downside of Satmap is that you can't add your own maps (either digital or scanned) whereas Memory-map will allow import of other maps.
For me, often travelling to Europe, it would be a deal-breaker.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Angel/MM Discussion moved to here.
Memory-Map_Support
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: memory map/satmap active 10 Reply with quote

brisca624 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me if i can use mm on my satmap 10 please.I want to plan a route on my pc then transfer to satmap 10.

Brisca624

What you do is create the route in Memory-Map normally, right click on it and select SAVE AS. This will give you the option to change the file type to .GPX. Save the .GPX file somewhere on your PC, and then use the Satsync software to transfer it to the Satmap ACtive10.

Kindest Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: