Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new tom tom go 940 product
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new tom tom go 940 product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splodge1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: new tom tom go 940 product Reply with quote

Couple of observations to make re the new kid on the block so to speak.

1) I note with some curiosity, that there does NOT appear to be any wether icon on the new device. Has tom tom done away with this service on the newer 940, or have I just not looked hard enough for it on the graphics.
2) My recently bought 930t has had to be sent back to the Netherlands as it displayed a constand red screen with the wording "ERROR 1001" message also "THIS CONTENT WAS BOUGHT FOR ANOTHER DEVICE & CANNOT BE USED ON THIS DEVICE. TO USE IT ON THIS DEVICE GO TO .....
has any other users has the same or similar such problems.

Following mamy phone calls to the Netherlands, I was informed that the server was down. I paid £400 for a state of the art piece of kit that served as a basic range sat nav. Any one with similar such experiences.

Is there a specific date in mind from tom tom as to the UK launch of the new device as we are already mid way through september now and no mention has been made as to its existance, let alone new features.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A s the Weather service is classed as a "Plus" service I would have thought the icon would appear when you press the icon lower left:

I have seen the red warning screen, this was when I loaded the wrong map to a device it wasn't intended for, it could be the map activation code was missing or a file corrupted from new, I would have thought this would be an easy thing to repair - if the device was less than one month old you should have taken it back to the point of sale for a replacement as this would be quicker.

Launch dates for new equipment, well you could ask TomTom as only they will know and they won't tell you - my guess is that it will be before Christmas, but how far before is anyones guess - Mike
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-740-LIVE-Western-Europe/dp/B001F0Q922/ref=pd_sbs_ce_1/202-1773079-4313455

Same link abbreviated

http://tinyurl.com/69srcf

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: