Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 700 and scala teamset. Will they ever be friends?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 700 and scala teamset. Will they ever be friends?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oisky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go 700 and scala teamset. Will they ever be friends? Reply with quote

I have a scala rider teamset and a tom tom go 700 and can't seem to get them to pair at all! Can it be done? I really want to be able to hear the directions in my lid. If not, will either (1) the Zumo 550 pair with the teamset (I'll have to buy a zumo!!) or the Scala rider Q2 pair with the Tom Tom Go 700 (I'll have to buy a Q2!)

The only option I seem to have to make the tom tom search for bluetooth devices is "find phone" I put the teamset into transmit mode and the tom tom into search mode but it just comes up with no phone found.

Cheers

Any advice would be grateful, I'm going mental trying to find out.
Goristal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have that particular combination of equipment, but I do use BT to connect my GPS receiver to my UMPC software, and I do have a couple of Scala headsets that I use with me cell phones and my OQO Model 2 UMPC. So I'll offer a couple of general observations, and if they repeat things you already know, or otherwise insult your intelligence, I apologize. First, I've not ever had a problem pairing either Scala (a 500 and a 700 - I believe the latter is essentially the same device as the Rider) with a variety of cell phones and PCs, so I would begin by looking to two aspects of the pairing on the Tom Tom side. On PC-type devices, Bluetooth emulates a serial port. There can be many BT "channels", each connected BT device would have its own "channel" and serial port assignment. If you have not already done so, you should try to find out what those assignments are on the Tom Tom to make sure there isn't a conflict, say, between a BT external GPS receiver and the Scala headset. The other item is that BT connections usually require a PIN. Most BT headsets default to a simple PIN of "0000" or "1234" (really bad security, but that is a different topic) but it is still may be necessary to see that it is entered correctly on the host device the first time connection is made (this is generally "remembered" by the host - more questionable security). If both of those items are demonstrably correct, I would begin looking to the possibility of a defective device on one side or the other of this handshake. Port, PIN and range (I've assumed that the latter is not a potential problem in this case) are really all that is required to make a BT connection.

-Alex
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you want to be using "Find Phone".
I dont have a 700 but on my GO510 you go to Preferences, Speaker Preferences and then choose a Bluetooth Hi-FI Device for Instructions or music (or both). Do you have these options on your 700?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: