Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My SD Card Experiences
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My SD Card Experiences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: My SD Card Experiences Reply with quote

I made the mistake of buying a San Disk card, which while working, is very slow on the address search. I noted at the GPS meet last sunday that other people's lookups were much faster than mine.

I found a site on the internet that has some compatibility info on some SD cards, but it does not appear to be maintained. Still worth a look:

http://sdprob.aximsite.com/

My San Disk is a AR0307NC, which appeared to be Ok the last time the site was updated.

However, the address lookup speed is poor, so I've just bought a lexar 256MB card from pcworld. The packaging said made in japan (I gather the jap cards are the best), but the card is actually made in Taiwan. Another search on the internet shows that some of these cards have problems, although there weren't nearly as many google matches as for San Disk.

The card is a SD256-266 and has AC1103 on the back. I got no relevant matches for AC1103, so either its new or is OK. We will see.

The card is merely a standard card (not a x32 one), but the lookup speed is now much improved and acceptable. Here's hoping.

Alan (empty wallet Sad )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: