Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there a fix for resuming Igo8 from standby?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a fix for resuming Igo8 from standby?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
floepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Is there a fix for resuming Igo8 from standby? Reply with quote

For whatever reason, I cannot resume iGo 8 from standby on my Axim, as I could with various other GPS navigation software in the past. Upon powering up the PPC, the app sort of hangs a bit and then closes itself. At least a soft reset isn't required, but it's a nuisance nonetheless.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a fix for resuming Igo8 from standby? Reply with quote

floepie wrote:
For whatever reason, I cannot resume iGo 8 from standby on my Axim, as I could with various other GPS navigation software in the past. Upon powering up the PPC, the app sort of hangs a bit and then closes itself. At least a soft reset isn't required, but it's a nuisance nonetheless.

I had a Dell Axim X51v and that's exactly what it used to do, I finally concluded, rightly or wrongly, that it was a lack of memory and sold the Dell. I replaced it with an iPAQ 214 with more free memory and it works perfectly.

linknet
floepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, each of those devices has 64 MB SDRAM for running applications. I doubt that the Axim runs out of memory, which would result in the inability to resume from standby, but you never know.

Out of curiosity, why did you get rid of your Axim for the iPaq? They appear to have pretty similar specs. Anything I'm missing?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floepie wrote:
Well, each of those devices has 64 MB SDRAM for running applications. I doubt that the Axim runs out of memory, which would result in the inability to resume from standby, but you never know.

Out of curiosity, why did you get rid of your Axim for the iPaq? They appear to have pretty similar specs. Anything I'm missing?

The Axim has 64 MB of RAM but the main problem is that it only has around 30-32 MB of free RAM. iGO8 would use virtually all of this leaving approx. 1 MB free. I used to get the same problem if I minimised iGO8 and then tried to run any other program, even running a tiny memory footprint program would then terminate iGO8.

The iPAQ 214 has 128 MB of RAM and around 90 MB of free RAM. iGO8 uses up to 70 MB of this leaving approx. 20 MB free.

The additional memory was the prime reason for the change.

linknet
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that iGo8 is something like the vista Wink It works best when you have minimum of 512MB of RAM available exclusively for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Well, I'm starting to miss the apps running smoothly under win 2003... Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: