Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global Positioning V PDAMods
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Positioning V PDAMods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Global Positioning V PDAMods Reply with quote

I spent quite a while on research before ordering a system last week (I could have saved myself a GREAT deal of work if I had just found this website earlier - Ah C'est la vie!) Anyway I finally decised on the kit (detailed below) I wanted and now the choice of retailer........

Initially I spoke with a chap at PDAmods who, whilst nice enough, did not get into any discussion as he clearly wanted to get onto the next order, OK fair enough thinks I, he IS in a sales office and thats his job.

I spoke to a cahp at Global Positioning Systems on a Saturday (Guy called Duncan) What a star this man is! he was happy to discuss various details of my proposed system and made many helpful suggestions, especially as he is a TomTom user himself. I was ready to order almost on the spot, but it turned out that Duncan is a support person and the salesman on duty (Sat afternoon remember!) was on the phone. I was told that I would be called back (never happened) and I could place my order then, OK they must have been busy - it happens. Duncan was and is a credit to GPS and boosted my confidence no end

Monday rolls around and I was in meetings all day and could not place an order, so Tuesday here I was all excited to place and order with GPS - !! When I finally got through I was told that they had run out of stock of TomTom 3 software and did not know when they would get it back in (it could be a few weeks I was told). To be frank I wanted my new "toy" there and then and was not prepared to wait an indeterminate time so I went to my second choice PDAMods....

At PDAMods I spoke to guy called Peter (who later claimed to be the owner - is this true?) who took my order and whilst taking payment for next day delivery then pointer out that I would not get delivery the next day???? This is because they would not actually be sending it out until later in the week due to other earlier orders from other customers, I was well disappointed but accepted it and placed the order - I subsequently was told (by Peter again a few days later) that if I had placed my order online I would have got quicker delivery (shame he didn't tell me this on the phone however).

Anyway Friday came around and the system was delivered (at 10 past 7 in the morning!), which when all said and done is not at all bad really, I was just over keen to get my hands on the system. However, on opening the boxes I found that PDAMods had "helpfully" neglected to include the TomTom 3 Software in the parcel - %*&£*^%*@!!!! (Or words to that effect!) - I called PDAM again and again got Peter - poor lad must really have had enough of me! I explained what had happened and he apologised profusely and did say that it really wasn't good enough on their part, you can imagine I agreed with him! Peter said the software would go out in the post that very day, it must have because bright and early Saturday morning the software arrived - Hooray!

In conclusion, my report on these 2 suppliers is that both seem good and honest suppliers to me and both did as they had said they would. I am in no way disappointed with PDAM as I got the very service and goods I was looking for, I do however wish that I was left with the feel good factor that GPS left me with, they only did not get my order due to being out of stock (reallly sorry guys - Duncan in particular)

I think in more than likely that in future I will deal with GPS as their website is more helpful and their support staff superb, but please do not let that put you off PDAM as they did just what was to be expected and supplied as requested.

Sorry for the long mail but I felt that this might help others as new as myself in chooding a supplier.

Regards

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: