Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with POI Explorer & Google arth please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with POI Explorer & Google arth please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACKRILL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Help with POI Explorer & Google arth please! Reply with quote

Could anyone please help? I'm trying to save a Google Earth file to my IGO POI Explorer program & then I need to download it to my Pocket Loox running Igo2006. The trouble is I can open up the file in G/E with all the pretty custom icons & info etc but I can not seem to import it into POI Explorer or POI EDIT 2007 to then save as a new project. Does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this? I could forward a copy of the KML or KNZ I'm trying to save as a project for them to try if needs be! I recently posted this elsewhere on PGPSworld too. Very Happy

Thanks
Dave
john88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it using GoogleMaps (see below) so if you import your kml file from Google Earth into GoogleMaps then it should be possible.

You can create routes or POI in GoogleMaps and then export them to kml files using the GoogleMaps plugin at http://www.markus-bader.de/navigation/stationlistexport.php4

When designing a route, it is necessary to move the markers using the mouse. Similarly when using the address search to define the start and end points you need to reposition them using the mouse (to overcome a problem with the way the points are referenced in the kml file).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: