Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No support via email
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No support via email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: No support via email Reply with quote

From 30th March 2004 I have had to make an extremely difficult decision, and that's to stop supplying GPS support via email. Receiving thousands of emails a day makes it not only impossible to reply to every email, but it also take what free time I have available to the rest of PocketGPSWorld.com in terms of writing reviews, articles and answering questions in the forums. Most regulars are happy to post technical questions in the forum, but most new visitors to the site prefer to send private emails rather than post publically. Fortunately we do have forums available for people to ask questions and receive very quick responses, but from this date onwards all technical quesions that don't require a one line response will receive an automated response back asking you to post in the forum.

I don't like to do this, but if I didn't put a block on email support then I would have no time to run this wonderful and spectacular site! I hope people understand that this is a good thing to re-focus my time, energy and effort to help move PocketGPSWorld.com forward!

Thank you for understanding, and if you have sent me an email over the past few weeks that is a technical based email, I would ask that you post it in the forum.

Last edited by Dave on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Good idea, I quite understand where you are coming from! Thumbs Up

I take it that the best way to submit POI's or files to the forum is still to email them to you?

Regards,

Bo Peep.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do Laura. I'm going to have a blitz on POI's over the next couple of days and release everything I have in my mailbox. All camera submissions and POI's should go to the normal email addresses.

We're going to be looking at trying to simplify things and segment areas of the site that we can bring other people in to help out with, that will take a load off ourselves and allow us more to concentrate on server upgrades, reviews and supporting the forums more. Like I said on Sunday, it's just trying to fit everything into a day. I now have around 2 hours max a day, a good 70% of that now has to be pushed towards reviews if we're going to keep on reviewing the latest products to hit the market.

If you're interested (or anyone else), let me know. For POI's we're going to need someone that's either good at using DreamWeaver or FrontPage and can insert/copy rows in tables and also be able to use text editors and FTP clients to update the POI-Sync service with.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'd certainly be interested in helping out with anything I can, particularly on the POI side of things.

I can use Front Page and have the full version of that program and also a trial copy of CuteFTP on my PC, although I am thinking of purchasing the full version of this in the near future for use with my new domain name.

Bo Peep.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Laura, I'll get these POI's released and look at what's needed to be done and how it can be simplified and I'll be in touch!
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: How to submit Reader Mounts ? Reply with quote

I checked the FAQ, how do I submit images etc ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshot/images you want to see in posts have to be hosted on your own webspace and linked to from the forums.
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have any webspace. Can you do anything with the images if I email them to you. This is a home made sleeve similar (but simpler) to the Perspex one already on the forum. It is fitted in two cars.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zip em up and mail me at dave at pocketgpsworld.com and include some blurb on how you created the setup and we'll add it to the mounts page.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: