Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap release v1.2 System Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap release v1.2 System Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys, enough is enough, I very nearly mentioned getting this thread back on topic earlier this morning when I decided to post technical information instead.

This thread is in too far off topic and some of the answers have become too personal in nature - we far prefer to keep a "Happy Family" approach on the forum, so either contribute in a practical manor or think twice about posting any information that is derogatory to other forum members.

This isn't intended as a jibe at any single individual, we are all grown up, this is merely a reminder to act accordingly - Thanks - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we just rename this the Satmap Comedy thread? I really want to go down the '4 door car that only has two doors' road and talk about the Mazda RX8!! Very Happy
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic.

This afternoon I experienced my first lock-up with version 1.200. It was slightly different to the lock-ups I experienced und 1.16

I had been using the unit for about three and returned to the car with it in my rucksack, but switched on (battery saver). I put my rucksack in the foot well of the car while I sorted out a cut foot. When I checked the unit it showed the correct position but no coverage - the unit was now in clear sky. I switched to the GPS Status screen where the unit locked showing no signal bars.

None of the buttons worked apart from the on/off switch. I turned it off and on again and it was OK. Previous lock-ups needed me to remove a battery.

I wonder if the sudden loss of signal and rapid re-exposure to clear sky may be the trigger.
J-K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, as it seems, there isn't anything useful to add regarding this then perhaps it is time to refrain from posting.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be out all day with mine tomorrow, I'll see what it does.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-K my warning about posting non informative posts or posts having a go at other forum members was not aimed at you or anyone else for that matter, it is a simple call to please obey the forum rules aimed at everyone, you are more than entitled to your views and more than welcome to post them - Mike
paul1q2w3e4r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul1q2w3e4r wrote:
Quote:
I think I may have done this as well as I seem to be 'missing' some information mentioned in the help pages 2.3 talks about the Satsync layout window, I can't see/find 'Other Files' or 'Satmap Files.'....all I have is the regular Internal Files and SD Card files showing. ?

Same here. Updated the A10 and Satsync but I can't see/find 'Memory in Use', 'Other Files' or 'Satmap Files' when opening Satsync. Also, 2.2 On Screen Dialogue states: 'At the base of the SatSYNC window, a text description of the button functionality appears to help operation of the program'. Again, nothing like that showing on my Satsync window!

Could someone advise on this please?

P.S. I uninstalled the old Satsync before installing the new version.

If we are getting back on topic would any one care to comment on the above. thanks,

Regards, Paul
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Sorry I can't help but I'm puzzled about you having Satsync 2.2 I thought I had the latest which is 1.0.23 Beta. That makes no mention of a text box when it opens up and does not have any text boxes either. In fact it looks and appears to behave just like the old version.

But I did not delete the old version before updating.
Satsync 1.525
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where my last post has disappeared to...I would expect if it's been deleted by a moderator they would have the decency to tell me....I came back to add a comment to it, but see I'll have to restate the issue I saw today...

After riding for 3 hours with the Active 10 on I decided to see what time the clock was saying it was and the first databox said today's date is 30/6/08...(quite why it was saying the date I don't know as I always set it to say the clock and distance to next WP)...when I selected the time it said it was 2145hrs even though it was really 1545hrs according to my cycle computer...and the offset was UTC +1 rather than UTC +78.....then there was something about a lolly stick....

Anyway the comment I was going to add was that 30/6/08 wasn't even the last time I used the device as I was out with it all day on Wednesday without it freezing. Had it been the trip log page that said the wrong date I could understand but not one of the data boxes!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I was in the process of sending you a PM to explain why I pulled the last post, but this one is much more acceptable - I am sure we both know the difference and bearing in mind the comment I made at the top of this page - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then you should just have taken the line out about it being a potentially dangerous situation instead of deleting a perfectly valid observation entirely....I've been riding around Dartmoor all day in rather hot conditions and don't have a whole load of energy to be retyping posts for this knowledge base!!
paul1q2w3e4r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Hi Paul

Sorry I can't help but I'm puzzled about you having Satsync 2.2 I thought I had the latest which is 1.0.23 Beta. That makes no mention of a text box when it opens up and does not have any text boxes either. In fact it looks and appears to behave just like the old version.

But I did not delete the old version before updating.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I have confused you slightly. The '2.2 On Screen Dialogue' refers to the help pages where it states the following: ''At the base of the SatSYNC window, a text description of the button functionality appears to help operation of the program', '2.3 mentions the SatSync layout window showing the following: 'Memory in Use', 'Other Files' or 'Satmap Files' when opening Satsync.

As I say, I have nothing like that on mine.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Now I see what you mean Paul. It appears that the help file has got ahead of the software functionality. I look forward to that functionality arriving in the near future as it also seems to imply that I won't have to rename the file after importing it!

On another point I have to say that on a walk today I looked at the time (for the first time I think). I'm fairly sure that it recorded the correct time just after start-up and achieving sat-lock but as the walk proceeded it showed a variety of times that seemed to range up to about 30 minutes from the actual. Puzzling and slightly worrying in term of what it might imply about synchronisation with the satellites but then I don't use the time given by the A10 so no direct worry.
Satsync 1.525
drpeej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got back from a week in the Lakes when I used the SatMap (2.2) extensively.

the only problem I had was something I have previously reported. This was an erroneous fix (showed me several hundred yards from my actual position) and a reboot failed to get a sync despite signals from 6 satelliets showing.

The problem turned out to be some overhead electric cables because a walk 100 yards up the road fixed the problem.

The rest of the time it behaved impeccably

Peter
paul1q2w3e4r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Ah. Now I see what you mean Paul. It appears that the help file has got ahead of the software functionality. I look forward to that functionality arriving in the near future as it also seems to imply that I won't have to rename the file after importing it!

On another point I have to say that on a walk today I looked at the time (for the first time I think). I'm fairly sure that it recorded the correct time just after start-up and achieving sat-lock but as the walk proceeded it showed a variety of times that seemed to range up to about 30 minutes from the actual. Puzzling and slightly worrying in term of what it might imply about synchronisation with the satellites but then I don't use the time given by the A10 so no direct worry.

Ahh, I see! I wish they wouldn't jump ahead of themselves and confuse me.....which, believe me, is easy to do Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: