Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap release v1.2 System Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap release v1.2 System Software
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Satmap release v1.2 System Software Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comSatmap have released v1.2 of their system software along with v10.23 of their desktop PC Planning Software - SatSYNC. Unlike earlier releases, the latest version is available for download direct from Satmap's website here although you must have a minimum of v1.16 before you can take advantage of this upgrade.

It is not yet clear what improvements are part of the latest SatSYNC beta but the v1.2 release of the system software contains a number of new features including:
  • Charger Control
  • SDHC Support
  • Improved map zoom handling
  • UTM and MRGS Coordinate schemes
  • Improved memory handling
We will of course be updating our units and testing the latest SatSYNC but in the meantime please discuss your findings in this thread.
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: release v1.2 System Software Reply with quote

Slightly off-topic but when I bought my Active 10 I thought that they were going to introduce an online planning function so that we could plan a route on the pc with the ease of seeing the route on a monitor rather than on the small screen of the Active 10. All we have so far is SatSync which whilst it might be called desktop PC Planning Software doesn't do a lot apart from transferring routes to\from the Active 10. Did I misunderstand what I was told?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do have plans for this but, I have seen nothing as yet and no timescales were ever published, for PC route planning I use a number of different Topo map packages, if you don't have any other electronic Topo maps try This web site which uses OS maps and you can easily go from the web based application to the active10 - cracking application

Back on topic my unit is now quite happily running 1,20 - the update is small in file size and only takes a few seconds to update the device via the USB lead - so much easier than previous releases that required SD cards sent through the post - a step in the right direction - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: release v1.2 System Software Reply with quote

reklawpete wrote:
. Did I misunderstand what I was told?

Nope.

There will also be a forum on their website and a multimedia POI feature........one day.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the SatMapLog.txt file created on the desktop by the new SatSync Software is for and what "enable logging" is about? It does not seem to be mentioned in the help file.
Satsync 1.525
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not done mine yet...but now is the ideal time as I'm out of cycling action with a broken shoulder so if the update goes tits up I've got plenty of time to send it to Satmap to have it reset without losing any chance of using it Laughing
bluewomble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed 1.2 last night (upgrading from 1.18-9 beta)... the install went smoothly and it seems to work properly... I haven't had a proper chance to use/test it yet though...
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Anyone know what the SatMapLog.txt file created on the desktop by the new SatSync Software is for and what "enable logging" is about? It does not seem to be mentioned in the help file.

Answers on a postcard please.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having loaded the new SatSync software I note that the instructions that come after it say that I should have first deleted the old SatSync software. I'm not sure what this means (normally such advice is to uninstall) and I did not do it but the only down side appears to be a second SatSync icon on the desktop.

Anyone aware of any problems with not "deleting" the old version first?
Satsync 1.525
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:

Perhaps it is to help with debugging the application?

Anquet had something similar on their PPC version of their mapping application.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done....initially alarmed to see the A10 was doing nothing but showing Leicester whilst it received it's update but turned off and on again sure enough it showed 1.200 in the About page.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Having loaded the new SatSync software I note that the instructions that come after it say that I should have first deleted the old SatSync software. I'm not sure what this means (normally such advice is to uninstall) and I did not do it but the only down side appears to be a second SatSync icon on the desktop.

Anyone aware of any problems with not "deleting" the old version first?

I think I may have done this as well as I seem to be 'missing' some information mentioned in the help pages
2.3 talks about the Satsync layout window, I can't see/find 'Other Files' or 'Satmap Files.'....all I have is the regular Internal Files and SD Card files showing. ?
J-K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Backlight setting Reply with quote

I've got v1.2 and the updated SatSync installed seemingly OK.

The new SatSync (v1.0.23beta) seems more stable and doesn't have that tendency to lock up the PC any more.

For using the SatMap out of doors on one of those rare sunny days I note that the highest backlight setting that I can select in the menu system is 80% with the default setting just 50% which is pretty dark even indoors. Don't know if this is just me or it's new in this release but any reason for not being able to select 100%? I know it is possible to press the backlight button to brighten it up why not be able to set it to 100% as the default? I find in bright conditions it sometimes isn't possible to see the screen at all at other than 100%.

It is a shame that SatMap doesn't use one of those screens used by some SatNavs that seem bright without a backlight in sunny conditions.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the features of Advanced power saving is 80% limit on screen brightness. Turn that off if you want more than 80%
J-K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been playing a bit more and seen that makes a difference. Thanks anyhow.

I'm wondering if there is something astray with the time shown part of the software/hardware.

I've set it with a Time Offset of plus one hour and after getting a satellite fix (took about 5 to 10 minutes) it showed the correct time which was just a minute or two after midnight.)

I then turned it off and back on again and it showed the time as being 07:31. Surely it cannot have 'forgotten' the time in just a few seconds. This will surely account for the long time it takes to get a position fix each time if it forgets the time so quickly. To my knowledge PPCs, which this basically is, do have a real time clock so wonder if this could this have failed on my unit or perhaps the software regarding this is buggy?

If it is designed to forget the time, surely it would be better to show it as something like --:-- when it is not set rather than something completely wrong which is likely to mislead users.

Wonder if it is possible to revert the SatMap to V1.16 software?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: