Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Oregon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Oregon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captbeardy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I can't see any other thread about it, so I thought I'd start one Smile

After reading the Satmap forum and noticing some comments about a possible new Garmin unit to rival the Satmap, I thought that I'd go and have a look. It would seem that they announced it on Thursday last week, so I suppose no one has any details yet.

Looking at the press release, it won't trouble the Satmap just yet as it will use the Topo maps, and the press release doesn't seem to have any details about moving over to a UK OS based mapping system (over and above the existing basis of the Topo stuff). Seems a shame really, but there you go.

Hopefully there will be more news soon.
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin have:-
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145

It follows on from the Colorado:-
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=386262#386262

The Colorado has had two Software updates so far and like most Garmin units they get better after the initial updates!

The Oregon has already had a software update but is not available until the third quarter of 2008!!!!!!!

The Colorado has just emerged as a 'useful Garmin unit' after the second update.

The Colorado like the Oregon will take all Garmin maps, City Navigator/CitySelect/Metroguide and the over-rated TOPO GB!

My old Garmin iQue can also use Fugawi, which is 'way ahead' of TOPO.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: