Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database for France?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database for France?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Database for France? Reply with quote

Question

Does one exist already? If not, anybody fancy creating one? Maybe just for a particular region(s). I can help with the Cote d'Azur and various Autoroutes in the S.E.

David.

PS Thanks to all those who have already helped create the UK database.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our friends over at GPSPassion.com have an extensive speed camera database for France...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
chris_de_wet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at the gpspassion website but cannot find it ...

Help!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=49

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it legal to load the speed camera locations in France - I thought that if you were caught with them they could confiscate your equipment....?

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a problem with Radar detectors and GPS based speed camera detectors but you should be fine with a navigation system albeit loaded with speed camera locations ;) Which reminds me, why are so many French roads lined with trees?, because German soldiers don't like marching in the shade Out of here
stu3284
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Being a bit uncultured in the art of being multlingual, I have 2 favours to ask.

1. Does the france speed camera overlay work with checkpoint on tomtom navigator 2?

2 Could someone (who understands french) download the overllay file and send it to me at

stu.robertson@blueyonder.co.uk

Regards and thanks

Stu
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

I speak French so I had a search around the website for the overlay file. I didn't find this website particularly easy to navigate around, but I eventually found it, but unfortunately it told me that I had to be registered with the site and logged in before I could access this file.

I registered and then it told me that I had to wait for an email from the Moderator to say that my membership had been approved! I don't know how long that will take to get here, so I will post you the link to the file and you can have a look at it if you want to.

Here is the link to the forum page which contains this file. The file itself is under the heading "Version Standard" and is the second pink folder down from the top. The text underneath the heading says: Retrouvez la version "standard" des radars en France, which means Download the standard version of the Radars In France POI.

Apparently there is also a 'Plus' version (which you also need to be signed in to download or to access any details about this file.)

If/when I receive my membership confirmation email, I will attempt to log in and download the file. I will keep you updated on my progress! Thumbs Up

HTH.

Bo Peep.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to follow the link, but you need to be a member. I couldn't get past the first page due to my security settings, but I have just switched them off and registered. Still couldn't get to the thread where they are located, I will also have to wait for a reply from the moderator.

Steve
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I run Zone Alarm and McAfee Virus Scanner on my PC and had to switch both of them off before it would let me register. :x

Still waiting for my reply from the moderator...

Stu3284, I was, however, able to download the speed camera POI file for Belgium if that's of any use to you. If you require this, please let me know and I'll email it to you as it's a Zip file.

Bo Peep.
stu3284
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I to have now registered and will await the moderators ok. I don't need the belguim one at the minute as I do not intend to travel there. I've got a couple of trips coming up in France (one for the Le Mans 24 Hour again Yippee) but thanks alot for the offer. I'm awaiting my 512Mb card so I can get the maps on. Loking forward to trying them out as this is my first trip abroad with TomTom.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used TT2 last year around France - very useful. I am driving across again into Switerland in a couple of weeks. I like to stay off the peages as I find them a little boring so with TT3 I will be able to folow an "Itinary"

To be fair, I did not see many cameras around at all, certianly no where near the quantity you see in this country.

Steve
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I agree the gpspassion site ivery confusing - luckily my wife is French so we have navigated it between us - liek othes above I'm now waiting for a confirmation e-mail Smile
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have just received an email to say that my membership has now been approved and I have downloaded the Standard Version Zip file onto my PC.

If anyone who is still waiting for their email wants me to send them this file, please let me know. Either email or PM me your email address using the links on my profile page.

Bo Peep.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: P.S. Reply with quote

P.S. I haven't had a very detailed read of it, but I had a quick look at the 'Plus Section' of the forum where people have submitted the 'Plus' version of the speed camera database.

At first sight I think that this has a few updates in of cameras which are wrongly placed in the Standard version.

However, not only do you need to be registered on the forum to access this file, but you also have to apply for extra priviliges! People who have submitted entries to the database and suchlike are eligible for this access.

Other people may be eligible too, I don't know, as I didn't read on I'm afraid (it's late - well, early - and I want to go to bed before I get square eyes from looking at the screen for so long! 8O )

Anyway, hope this helps the people who were after this file in the first place. I would have thought that the standard version would be sufficient for trips to France as the date of the file is 26/04/2004 - 01/05/2004, which is quite recent. The POI overlay contains fixed, mobile, and non-verified Gatsos as well as traffic light cameras.

Regards,

Bo Peep.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: