Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Have I broken mapshare?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Have I broken mapshare?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Have I broken mapshare? Reply with quote

since going back to factory settings on my 920t and then installing v720 maps there have been no mapshare updates and TT home reports I am 41 weeks out of date and 26738 mapshare corrections waiting. Updating my device reports I am up to date. I used to get at least 2 mapshare updates a day before doing a restore to factory and adding v20 maps.

I have set the 920 and TT home to utilise mapshare.

Is it my problem or TT homes?

Jon
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens quite a lot. The usual way to fix it is to connect to Home (v2.3) and use Tools menu / Mapshare / Remove corrections.

Try just removing theirs first, but sometimes you have to remove your own as well (which is a pain if you haven't got them logged some other way (eg a POI category of "Map Errors")

That seems to prompt Home into re-downloading them all.

Other people suggest manually deleting the "MapServerPatch.dat" file from your map folder

As ever... backup first.

Also, for reference, to get Mapshare corrections for a particular map, you must do two things...
1. You need to have the TomTom switched to be USING that map
2. You need to set Home (first screen when you start it up) to be using the same storage (ie Internal memory or SD card) as where that particular map is stored.
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, had already tried removing corrections and it didn't work. There is no mapserverpatch.dat file in my map folder. I copied one over from a previous backup to see what happened and did an update using TT home. no updates were found and mapserverpatch.dat file is gone again!

Jon
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unsubscribing an subscribing again to the service doesn't work either
a444lad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have exactly the same problem as you with the 920 and being 41 weeks out of date and tried all the things above and none of them have worked for me either. I also dont have the mapserverpatch.dat file so i cant delete that. Do you have any more ideas i can try?
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to start from scratch again with taking it back to how it came out of the box. I'm wondering if a reinstal of tthome might help but if I clear it out properly I will have to download all 720 maps again which is a bit of a pain. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jon
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sven1 wrote:
I'm about to start from scratch again with taking it back to how it came out of the box. I'm wondering if a reinstal of tthome might help but if I clear it out properly I will have to download all 720 maps again which is a bit of a pain. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jon

IIRC, removing HOME2 only removes the application, not any downloads, so they will still be there when you reinstall. If you want to do a fully 'clean' install, then move the downloaded data to somewhere else, delete all the HOME stuff, reinstall it and then move the stuff back again.
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

920 back to how it came out of the box. TThome reinstalled including taking all remnants of it away. still no mapshare!!!

Help

Jon
a444lad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i did the same reset it and restored to the factory settings deleted tomtom home and all tomtom files then reinstalled, then for the 1st few mins i wasnt getting anything in the top corner about mapshare then it came back up saying 41 weeks 26782 files. When i first plugged it in i did get a message come up saying that there may be an error in 1 of the files on the card, i dont know if that has anything to do with it?
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i go to mapshare prefs it also tells me there is about 11.3mb to download but when I tell it to download it does feck all and message about being out of date still remains. I still have no mapserverpatch.dat file though which I'm wondering if it is the prob.
a444lad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah same it say current corrections on device: 0 MB, after this update: 11.3 MB then when i click done it brings up the getting update automatically screen and says there are no items available.

sounds like we have the exact same problem just need someone to work out how to fix it!

btw when was the last time you updated your tomtom? because this is the first time ive connected it to my computer for a few months, last time i did it was on my old computer and i had no problems at all on that 1.
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mapshare was working fine and updating on every connection until i had a prob with mixing up some poi's in newly downloaded 720 maps. I decided to go back to out of box config and do all updates again and ever since that mapshare doesn't work and i have the same problem as you.

Jon
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some other sites saying rename mapsettings.cfg. can't try at moment as downloading v720 maps

Jon
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:

IIRC, removing HOME2 only removes the application, not any downloads, so they will still be there when you reinstall. If you want to do a fully 'clean' install, then move the downloaded data to somewhere else, delete all the HOME stuff, reinstall it and then move the stuff back again.

I was going to suggest that, (because that is exactly what you do to force a new download of system software) but when I went to look at the downloads folder to report what the subfolder was called, I couldn't find any!

It seems the one thing that doesn't get cached to the PC is the downloaded Mapshare corrections. So nothing to delete there....
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we sure mapshare is up and running and its not a tt server prob?

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: