Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 920 & music files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 920 & music files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curious
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 920 & music files Reply with quote

Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked & answered a million times, I have looked but no joy Embarassed
I am setting up a TT 920 for my brother, and I expected that I would be able to put MP3 files on a 1GB SD card, insert the card and have the TT pick up the music files from there. Opps I was wrong Embarassed and on reading the little info Tom Tom supply all I can find is that the MP3 files must go on the TT's hard dive in the MP3 folder, is this correct and the only way? Or am I seriously blind and missing something simple, Please help Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this simple little step:

In the root of the memory card create a folder called "mp3" (all lower case without the "") and put the mp3 files/ music folders into the "mp3" folder.
Insert the card to the device and switch it on, it will now find the additional music files which you put on the card when you select Jukebox - Mike
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Ok, now I don’t suppose for one moment that will I ever use the Juke Box feature/memory card but I still want to know how to do it.
I have created a Directory on my card called mp3 and added a couple of songs to test it but nothing happens. When the device is connected to my computer Windows Explorer can see its there but Juke Box obviously does not. It’s the same with pictures on my card, Photo Gallery only sees the images on the device. Any suggestions please.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folder you create called mp3 should be in the root of the memory card, this is the first level you see when click the drive letter associated with the SD card. With true mp3 files in the card the TomTom will see the folder and pick up the audio files when it next boots and reads the card.

Any pictures need to go into a folder called "photos" this again needs to be in lower case and put in the root directory of the SD card, the device will make these pictures available when it next boots up.

Are the audio files you have put on the card true mp3 files and is the folder named mp3 (all lower case) - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the card formatted as fat32? If not, try that and recreate the mp3 folder, add mp3's and try that. Do a pin reset too just for the Censored of it Twisted Evil
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
I followed your instructions precisely but it would not go. I then tried the soft reset (with the pin) and Bingo! we had Lift Off. Thanks.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!
Curious
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, truth is that when I read your reply I thought " But thats what I did !" and then when I went to the card and had a look, Yep!!! I had made a folder in the route menu called MP3 - but then I put all the MP3 music files also in the root Embarassed Thanks again Mike
Liquoricepaper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi Mike
Ok, now I don’t suppose for one moment that will I ever use the Juke Box feature/memory card but I still want to know how to do it.

Why not use the function I have a 16 GB SD card plugged in and it keeps me amused for days.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: