Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth remote - read the review - purchased - dont work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth remote - read the review - purchased - dont work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headhurts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth remote - read the review - purchased - dont work Reply with quote

Confused purchased a bluetooth remote for my 730t after reading the review and looked foreward to using it but nothing happens i have my tomtom set for bluetooth and my phone works with it. when the batteries are in the remote it is flashing to show it is searching but does not recognise my device neither does the device recognise the remote if i ask it to search.
have tried a soft reset, switched it on and off a few times removed the batteries from the remote but still no luck. anyone have any ideas what else to try. have read a thread on here where there was some dispute as to if the bluetooth remote which on box says it is for the x20 series really works with it but tomtom site shows it as an accessory and after all it is really only bluetooth so if my device recognises both my phones it should recognise the remote i would have thought. anyone have any ideas what elso to try or is it possibly a faulty remote?
any suggestions Question [/b]
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly does work with the x30 devices, can you go to Change Preferences/ Bluetooth preferences (page 7 of 8) and make sure the top left icon has a red cross through it and the text under it reads "Disable Bluetooth"
If it says "Enable Bluetooth" and is without the red cross tap it and try again with the remote, at least you managed to get the batteries in the remote, this is somewhat a challenge in itself - Mike
headhurts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad thanks for the advice but yes the 730 is set up to receive bluetooth it has been connecting to my phone but i did switch it off and on again just to try something different but still no joy, the bluetooth remote is flashing as if searching but does not register and i have asked my device to search for bluetooth with my phone switched off but still no joy. i know from reading a thread on here someone had similar probs i believe the went into halfords to try various devices but had similar problem.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the TomTom on and let it connect to your phone, check this connection is working by using the device to phone either a friend or your home number - this will establish bluetooth is actually on.
Now press a button on the remote (I sometimes hold the button down for a few seconds) - when the device finds the remote it will flash up a message telling you it has found it, from then on you can use it to control the device - Mike
headhurts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: my wife looks oh! so smug Reply with quote

thanks for the advice mike but i genuinely had tried for quite some time to get this working, then my wife said let me try so as she is quite useless at anything vaguely technical (worse than me even) i let her play and she did for a while when she said what is that on the screen, well you can guess the rest i paired it and everything seems to be ticketyboo and she is looking very smug and self satisfied whilst i feel embarrassed at having even put this thread on here. honest to god i tried for ages!!! please believe me. thanks again mike and this really is a good forum.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell the wife to look up the word "Gremlins" in the dictionary and blame that for the problem, it often works Wink - Glad to hear you got it all working though, it is a much better way of using the device while on the road - Mike
Eckiew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect there is a problem with Ver 8.010 as I have a 520 and ordered a remote from the 'net and while waiting on its delivery I installed Ver 8 from Ver 7. When the remote arrived I had the same problem with it not being recognised. After umteen attempts to pair I rang TT support who advised me to resort to Ver 7 which I did and pairing was done at first attempt. I then resorted back to Ver 8 and the remote now works with the update.

Regards
Alex
gtdave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a problem with the remote.
Worked fine with 7.481, upgraded to 8.010 and it no longer works.
Went back to 7.481, works fine, tried upgrading again, no longer works again! Evil or Very Mad
headhurts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love my 730t and it seems to be working fine at moment (fingers crossed) but they are oh so flakey and it seems all due to tomtom software related issues. out of the box they seem to work fine but then you update and install a host of problems for some.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: