Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RoyalTek GPS Group Test
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RoyalTek GPS Group Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: RoyalTek GPS Group Test Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comRoyalTek are a long established and well respected manufacturer of GPS devices, we here at PocketGPSWorld have been reviewing devices from this Taiwanese based company for many years, our very first review of a RoyalTek GPS receiver, the RGM-2000 was way back in 2003.

RoyalTek have had a number of very popular receivers, the RGM-2000 was very successful and they also brought us one of the first Datalogger GPS devices, the RBT-3000 which also proved to be a big sales hit.

UK RoyalTek retailer Jactron have provided us with a selection of five of their current product range and so we have taken this opportunity to produce a brief overview. Although not a full review of every device we have covered those that we think will be the most popular and relevant in detail.

Click here to read more...

Last edited by Darren on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ramsses
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

A good review! I have the rtg-1000 (the old TMC device). This is considerably more sensitive for picking up TMC than the two GNS receivers I have (9833 and 9810). Destinator claims to support royaltek devices, the reality is the auto-tune functionality with pay-tmc does not work at all - so read as 'does not work at all in the UK'. iGO 8 works really well with the royaltek, and in the UK - although NNG have not sorted out the pay-TMC licensing as yet (I am a beta tester, so have the necessary license).

I like the RTG-1000 as it is very solid, well made and reliable - I'm sure the new ones inherit this good breeding!

Andy
chapsworth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this datalogger compare with the Gisteq Phototrackr? The gisteq has 4mb of memory and 250K track points, this has 64mb and presumable many thousands more. However I did notice your report said there was only 2 days of logs (every 15 seconds). Is that correct?

Thanks for an interesting review.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chapsworth wrote:
How does this datalogger compare with the Gisteq Phototrackr? The gisteq has 4mb of memory and 250K track points, this has 64mb and presumable many thousands more. However I did notice your report said there was only 2 days of logs (every 15 seconds). Is that correct?

Thanks for an interesting review.

I haven't personally used a Photo Logger so difficult to compare. The two days is actually 48hrs continuous logging which is pretty good.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Royaltek and TMC Reply with quote

ramsses wrote:
Darren

A good review! I have the rtg-1000 (the old TMC device). This is considerably more sensitive for picking up TMC than the two GNS receivers I have (9833 and 9810). Destinator claims to support royaltek devices, the reality is the auto-tune functionality with pay-tmc does not work at all - so read as 'does not work at all in the UK'. iGO 8 works really well with the royaltek, and in the UK - although NNG have not sorted out the pay-TMC licensing as yet (I am a beta tester, so have the necessary license).

I like the RTG-1000 as it is very solid, well made and reliable - I'm sure the new ones inherit this good breeding!

Andy

Have tried to PM you but not sure if message got through as I am new on this site.

On the basis of what you say I have been thinking of buying the Royaltek RTG-2000 but on another site a guy says he has a Loox (cannot remember the model he said) using Igo 8 but he cannot get the receiver to work in TMC mode.

I have tried using a Medion with a GNS TMC add on receiver but had no joy and do not want to waste yet more money.

Jactron stick to their usual reply about the RTG-2000 - it works with the Destinator software.

At just over £50 I am tempted to still buy the RTG-2000 but wonder if anyone else out there has any useful info.

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you planning to run it with?
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Royaltek RTG-2000 Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
What software are you planning to run it with?

Igo 8, bearing in mind what has been said in the previous post about how good the RTG-1000 is in using the TMC mode in that software.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can get confirmation from iGO for you.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Royaltek and Igo 8 Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I'll see if I can get confirmation from iGO for you.

I sent e-mail to them and got no reply.

I have seen a review on GPSPassion and it looks like they did a review including the TMC element and they tested 3 different GPS+TMC receivers. The RTG 2000 is specifically mentioned as working

Now am I going to take that chance or wait until Igo firm up the position on TMC partularly licensing in the UK (see Ramsses earlier post - and he should know!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: