Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nav N Go Powers GPS Rear-View Mirror
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nav N Go Powers GPS Rear-View Mirror

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Nav N Go Powers GPS Rear-View Mirror Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comDirectus Navigation has announced a 3-way collaboration with Nav N Go and Tele Atlas to produce a touch screen GPS rear-view mirror featuring reverse video camera input, navigation software from Nav N Go and maps and location content from Tele Atlas.

Although the TD40TOUCH doesn't ship with speed cameras, it does support Pocket GPS World's speed camera alerts, These are available for download from Nav N Go's update portal naviextras.com.

It also features 7 million points of interest (POIs), 3D terrain and landmark graphics and incorporates Bluetooth hands-free phone capabilities with incoming caller ID on screen and automatic call answering.

Frank Rogers, Chief Marketing Officer for Directus Navigation said, "The TD40TOUCH GPS rear-view mirror is exactly what the market has been looking for. Consumers are more interested in a simple built-in GPS system that doesn’t involve suction cups and dangling wires."
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem I can see with this type of system is that a lot of manufacturers already use the interior mirror for other functions.

The mirror in my own Audi A3 controls the automatic dimming function for itself and the door mirrors together with a switch to switch this off if it's not wanted and it also carriers the sensors for the automatic lights and wipers functions.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Nav N Go Powers GPS Rear-View Mirror Reply with quote

Quote:
The TD40TOUCH GPS rear-view mirror is exactly what the market has been looking for. Consumers are more interested in a simple built-in GPS system that doesn’t involve suction cups and dangling wires

Really? The latter bit may be true but then there are products already which fulfil this (brodit for example). I would seriously question the rear-view mirror version as it takes your eyes off of the road and, unless, it is a rather big rear-view mirror (which creates a bigger blind-spot) then the screen will be tiny and very hard to read thus more time spent screwing your eyes up to read it and even less time looking where you are going!

My tuppence worth.
navver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually stuck my Navman 635 immediately below the mirror. With an athermic screen it was the only place I could get a GPS signal as Peugeot left a credit card sized area each side of the mirror free of athermic.
It was actually a good place to put it. The screen was close so it was easy to see small details and it was easily reached without straining to reach it low down on the screen. It didn't take your eyes off the road any more than looking in the mirror.

I do however wonder about taking the old mirror off and replaving it.
cannt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear varifocals so trying to read a satnav that high up would be nigh on impossible.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: