Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom One V3 Windscreen Holder issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom One V3 Windscreen Holder issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I was keen on the brodit one as it looks the lowest profile/ thinnest one of any I've found so far.
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er humm! Anybody likely to send Tom Tom a message re their dodgy windscreen holders for the One Version 3 etc as that's what my post was about.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
But do you remember if the actual swivel bit that I pictured above worked OK, please?

I don't remember having any problem with that bit, Andy.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chajun wrote:
Er humm! Anybody likely to send Tom Tom a message re their dodgy windscreen holders for the One Version 3 etc as that's what my post was about.

I did!
(and sorry if I was hijacking your topic!)
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swivel piece works fine, but I'd say don't bother with Brodit.

@ chajun.

You were complaining about their screen mounts so an alternative was mentioned, I for one don't want you or anyone else to make the same expensive mistake in buying the Brodit rubbish! Evil or Very Mad
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you advice. I sent a letter to Tom Tom in Holland lodging an official moan. all will be revealed.
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
I've had nothing but trouble with the original mount that came with my 720, I tried the Brodit and it's just awful and an extremely overpriced piece of junk, however I have found that this one at £14, whilst not the most elegant of solutions works really well and hasn't come adrift once, in fact it's often a battle to remove it! Laughing

I think they do a version for your machine. Very Happy

To be honest i would not describe brodit as rubbish !! expensive yes !!
Perhaps it depends on the mounting position which is different which each car !!
When used with a mini move clip the device just slides on and off the proclip !!
With my mount no screws were needed for installation
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Brodit Proclip is over-rated, over priced rubbish, that's the plain & simple truth.

The Angled mount & Console mounts should never be allowed to be sold as you need to look across to the passenger side or down into the passenger foot well to check it, which is ridiculously dangerous as you're taking your attention off the road.

The centre mount just completely obscures a air vent, rendering it useless & with a lot of mounts it gives a very poor viewing angle which means you have to buy the extortionate angle wedges!

Personally I can't see how these Mini Moveclips work, you must have to screw/glue it to the actual Proclip Mount there's no other way of securing it!
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then chaps!
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
A Brodit Proclip is over-rated, over priced rubbish, that's the plain & simple truth.

The Angled mount & Console mounts should never be allowed to be sold as you need to look across to the passenger side or down into the passenger foot well to check it, which is ridiculously dangerous as you're taking your attention off the road.

The centre mount just completely obscures a air vent, rendering it useless & with a lot of mounts it gives a very poor viewing angle which means you have to buy the extortionate angle wedges!

Personally I can't see how these Mini Moveclips work, you must have to screw/glue it to the actual Proclip Mount there's no other way of securing it!

WOW
Shocked On Fire

That's one strong opinion you have got
every one to his own Smile
Strawbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problems with my original holder falling off! in fact, I've had to bend one of the spoke type prongs back a bit so I can lift the tab enough to get it off the screen.

It sure is a tenacious little sucker! Shocked

Ooops! I'll get me coat then, shall I? Embarassed
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are talking about the holder for the TT One version three. Wont stay on my vehicle or a minibus yesterday or a courstsey car I hve just been loaned for the day And that's after replacing twice!!!!
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chajun wrote:
We are talking about the holder for the TT One version three. Wont stay on my vehicle or a minibus yesterday or a courstsey car I hve just been loaned for the day And that's after replacing twice!!!!

Had you considered a bean bag mount you may get a bit more leverage on it to get a firm fix !!

Darren tested an Arkon one and I received it Tuesday it seems okay and may be an answer .

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/arkon-gps-satnav-mounts-a2010.php

I know what you mean the 520 mount is as good as useless
grantp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: TT One 3rd and 4th Edition windscreen mounts Reply with quote

My wife has, to my great surprise, expressed an interest in having a Sat Nav. Possibly because she is the only person in the house without one - not that she really needs one at all.

We have 3 TT's - various ages and models, none less than 3 years old - so I figure a TT One would fit the requirement.

Looks like the 3rd Edition at end of line is going for the sort of money that is reasonable for something that will hardly be used - but the last thing I want is a load of moaning about the screen mount should she ever actually use it. And of course the 'issue' about having 2 things to install and remove, etc., etc.

In that sense the 4th edition of the ONE looks interesting for the built in mount BUT if that is useless or fails early in its lifetime it would presumably make the whole thing unusable. Not a good thought for many reasons mainly not related to money.

So has anyone any observations about the 4th Edition units yet?

And is the mount on the 3rd Edition really that bad? So far I have only had one original mount fail (the very first design for the old 300 iirc which sheared some plastic components related to the suction mechanism.)

Any input greatly received in the next day or so before I need to place an order ... Surprised
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And is the mount on the 3rd Edition really that bad?"

Yes it is it's dire. So far mine has been replaced twice with another on it's way. The reason is there is no lever to expell air between the glass and the unit. You have to plop it on and hope for the best. Even the cheap and cheerful Binatone has a proper mount.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: