Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pairing a orange e650 with receiver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pairing a orange e650 with receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: pairing a orange e650 with receiver Reply with quote

Hello all, Very Happy
this is my first post,and I'm not very technical,so I apologise now if its in the wrong place,or sounds vague,but I'll try my best!

My Dad has an orange E650 with Tomtom installed on it,and we use a receiver we had of ebay about 3 years ago,all it says on it is GPS Bluetooth...

When he tries to use it,on the screen it comes up "No GPS signal",and then when we try to pair it as it says,we choose"other GPS device" and get a screen come up saying refer to manual or something like that.

My ex partner always use to do it for Dad,so we really don't know what we have to do,I don't want to ask him,we are not exactly best friends,all I can remember is him talking about is turning something on at the same time as doing something else......

Can anybody offer any advice or help please?
We would be so grateful! Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to make sure Bluetooth is switched on from the phone settings, although if set up correctly TomTom can switch the Bluetooth on/ off as required.
If the above doesn't help have a read through This Post which details setting up the BT GPS for use with TomTom on a PDA, note the comm port numbers will probably be different on your device as the screen shots were taken using an XDA Exec, let us know how far you get through the setup guide and at what point it goes wrong then we can advise further - Mike
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right,we haven't got past the first screen - we get to select the settings,and the options we have are 1 phone 2 bluetooth 3 WLAN settings and 4 profiles -
should it make a difference that it doesn't say bluetooth settings?
We have selected bluetooth,then we get another menu: 1 bluetooth 2 security 3 FTP,then when we select bluetooth we get a screen that says "Add New device"

no tabs or nothing .......told you we are proper amateurs!!! Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the add new device option, make sure the BT GPS is powered up and the phone should search then find the GPS device, follow the on screen prompts, when it asks about Serial Port Profile (or more probably SPP) make sure you select this - Mike
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,thank you so much for this - I have actually got all the way through it now barring the last screen - even got that little yellow thing spinning in the top corner which it wasn't before - but it is still saying no GPS device - so I am not getting past the "please refer to screen" to select the assigned com port on the list (It is com port 6 on this one)
it is so frustrating! So close!!Any more advice please?? Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Yellow/ Blue disk is spinning then the application is receiving some data from the GPS device, take it out side with the GPS Status page displayed and wait for anything upto 20 minutes and it should achieve a position fix and start to work, subsequent power ups should be far quicker to acheive position fix - Mike
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ever so much Mike - we have put it out on the patio table,but its been about 30 mins now and it is still saying no valid GPS signal - we shall leave it a little longer..... Smile
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just fetched it in - we have had it saying "No valid signal" and when we turned it off it was saying "no valid GPS device" I really don't know what to do - everything has gone great except for this last daft bit - I really must thank you for getting us this far,much appreciated,any more ideas to get it Smile going again??
isthisonetaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Hello again,

This is still puzzling us,if anyone can offer more advice.I don't know if any of this helps,but Dad said he thinks the Tomtom is version 5 point something,and my Sister has just tried to send him a video file via the bluetooth,and it wasn't receiving anything,Dad then ticked something and it did send the file,but he can't find where it was sent to.....don't know if this has anything to do with the problem though.

We still have the yellow disc spinning,and we even get the message "GPS signal lost 35 seconds ago" but still have no connection - so frustrating!!!!
Any more help would be great - thanks so much! Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: