Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - McGuider Sat Nav software with Teleatlas mapping
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

McGuider Sat Nav software with Teleatlas mapping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mobiler v1.23 is available here
Code:
http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-and-Shell/Windows/My-Mobiler-My-Mobile-Ware-40071.shtml

scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final download links all point to mymobiler.com which, at least on my systems, give a 404 error unfortunately.

BTW I have posted a mini review (based on the upgrade from the original in a new thread.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry scary didnt try first, but this one is working just downloaded, use server 2
Code:
http://freewareppc.com/download/utilities/mymobiler.shtml

scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers

I went to so many sites earlier and they all seemed to be pointing to the authors now dead site.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
It was a combination of getting the CSV file in the correct format and using the Sygic converter.

Once again thanks for your help and have a nice weekend. Smile

Cheers

I've been playing with the convertor tonight and found the v1.1 available on Sygics website has the ability to run from a command line with parameters, so it is possible to create a batch file with all the files to be converted in. I expect someone with some programming skills could create a better application that allows you to select which files to convert, using poiconvertor in the background.

The syntax to use in batch files etc is
Code:
"poi convertor.exe" location_of_txtfile bmpfile_name upi_save_location

It is important to only use the bmp file name and not any folder details otherwise the icons won't show up in McGuider.

Using a simple batch file will now speed up the creation of UPI files for me. Now to find a program that can batch convert comma delimited files to tab delimited ones.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with the POI convertor recently and now have a little application written which automates the convesion of all csv files in a folder. If anyone is interested let me know. Its not that polished and requires the POI convertor from Sygic as well. Because of this it also suffers from the limitations of the Sygic convertor.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
Thanks for all of your help scarymonkey, Using the newer version of POI converter I've now managed to convert my POIs and they are now showing on the map.

I don't suppose you have any idea how I can convert my Tom Tom itinerary files to the McGuider version? Very Happy

I appear to be having the same problem as you now as this weeks camera database refuses to display or alert for me. I have tried converting using the Sygic convertor (same method as last week) as well as converting OV2 files using OV2UPI 2.3 but get the same results.
I have emailed both TeleAtlas and Sygic for assistance in this, but it does look like something may be amiss in the custom POI handling
MavAV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also noticed that conversion of negative longitude values is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it works, and sometimes it is converted as a positive value.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted my issue and it was a bit user error. I was using an old version of POI convertor I had on this PC. Using the new version and everything sppears to work. Annoyingly the file version seemed to be the same with both, but the file time stamps were different.
graemesimpson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new release of Sygic McGuider, its critical that when converting the speedcam files, you use their latest version of the POICONVERTOR otherwise you will have issues with the Camera Icons NOT being displayed on the maps.

Latest version can be downloaded from Here

You can also now use nice 32bit icons which overlay very nice on the maps.

Available from HERE

Also, the OGG files work fine without making any changes to them.

Available from HERE

HTH

Graeme

Edit Once to sort Hyperlink out - Mike Alder

Last edited by graemesimpson on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graemesimpson, you have confirmed what I said that something must of changed with the UPI format in the new version. 32 Bit icons are supposed to have been usable in the previous version as well. I didn't try them there though as my artistic skills are pretty poor.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MavAV wrote:
I've also noticed that conversion of negative longitude values is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it works, and sometimes it is converted as a positive value.

I have been playing some more (after not getting any alerts on the M25 Heathrow section yesterday). It appears that the new convertor works fine for all but longitude between -1 and 0. Unfortunately for us here in the UK, that includes a huge amount of the country.

I am waiting for Sygics response to this but am hopeful they will release a fixed convertor soon.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O2 Orbit-II had the exact same problem with geo tagging pictures when released in the UK which is strange, why can't programs work out correct conversions for values in this specific area - Mike
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just poor programming and testing. For some reason it looks like they just assume a -0.x is really a +0.x as you do not normally get -0. Somehow they forget the fraction part in the intial conversion. Most odd.

Hopefully Sygic will come back fairly quickly with a solution, but since it took over a week to reply to my initial email about problems with POI displaying, I am not hopeful. I would complain to TeleAtlas but eperience has shown they will just tell me to get lost and speak to Sygic.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is getting better though, at first any coordinate containing a negative longitude was thrown well out of position, now its just the bit from 0 to -0,9999 they need to sort out! - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: