Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Harman/Kardon GPS-810
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Harman/Kardon GPS-810

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirius18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Harman/Kardon GPS-810 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm considering Harman Kardon GPS-810 to be my next navi but I would like to know some facts from it's owners, could you please answer to these questions:

1) Is it possible to accept the safety warning when powering up just by clicking ok on the remote push button, instead of touching the screen?

2) Does this unit power on automatically when ingition goes on - and vice versa, does it automatically shut off when turning ingition off? This feature is very important for me since I'm installing the unit in such a "deep" place under ashtray cover that I can't reach the power button.

3) Can you see the actual speed on the display when navigating (and when not navigating)?

4) How are the POI's updated? I live in Finland, Europe and just want to be sure that I have a possibility to update the speed camera coordinates. I have read about the POI Warner Installer software and actually I installed it on my pc but never got it to connect with my friends TomTom One 3rd edition.

5) I wonder how the bluetooth handles connection to Nokia BT phones? I have a Nokia 6680 and I'd like to see a list of BT features H/K supports. What I have read, it looks like that the GPS-810 is not among the best BT capabilities... crashing, unpairing, it won't pick up the phonebook etc. Maybe a long promised firmware update would help, I wonder when is it going to be published...?

6) How can the user change/update navigation sounds? Is there just
one male/female sound for one language - or is it possible to add more of them? And how about changing sound effects when closing a POI? I don't want to listen to the same "boing" when closing up to a speed camera trap.

That's all for now, thanks for your replies.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: