Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streaming Bluetooth Audio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming Bluetooth Audio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick
Can you flash the Parrot with latest firmware? My 6000 did the same until I zapped it. Currently running firmware 1.03a which is essentially like yours but without the display.
Holux GPSslim
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo

1.03a sounds familiar but I will have a look tomorrow to see what firmware is installed

Thanks for the suggestion
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nashmills
Do you have the same problem with the IO that some of us have with the Parrot? i.e. the files continue to play via the internal speaker when a call comes in?
Holux GPSslim
nashmills
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
nashmills
Do you have the same problem with the IO that some of us have with the Parrot? i.e. the files continue to play via the internal speaker when a call comes in?
No. Using the car radio or the Tomtom music player all sound is muted during phone calls and reinstated after.
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now updated the Parrot firmware from 1.03 to 1.03a and my TT520 now sees it as a Hifi device and plays the TT audio.

It does not seem to connect automatically though, I have to manually pair it each time using the Parrot's menu (Settings/Paired Devices/Connect).

I don't have my 520 set up to allow hands free with my N95 as I usually connect my phone direct to the Parrot. This obviously is not possible now as you can only have one device connected at a time. When I jump in the car I always have my phone but not my TT so will leave my N95 to connect to the Parrot.

Thanks for the heads-up Jimbo, much appreciated.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick
If you want to stream audio and get navigation commands from the TT through the parrot but ony want the phone to do calls you might be able to disable those fuctions on the phone.

On the Blackberry if I go into the blootooth options, select properties on the Parrot pairing and deselect A/V RC TARGET and A/V RC CONTROL then it just acts as a phone with the handsfree functionality. This frees these up and lets me use the TT for streaming audio functions instead.

That said, if the controls on the Parrot with Nokia let you skip tracks and it mutes/pauses the audio on a call etc then you might be better off using the phone for music as this is the very functionality I'm trying to get out of the TT 720 but with no joy.
Holux GPSslim
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo

I have all my music on the phone as it does support full AVRCP and A2DP and if I encode it as mpeg4 (m4a) the file sizes are relatively small while still maintaining full ID3 tag support and decent quality.

I copy podcasts daily onto my TT and usually have them playing through the FM transmitter (usually with attrocious quality), the vehicle I use during the day not having any bluetooth or line-in capabilities.

I am sure there is no way of disabling individual services associated with a BT connection on the phone
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick.

FYI I also have the FM transmitter and yes it is pants. However, I also have a 3rd party one I bought for pence form some i-pod online thing and it is WAY better when plugged into the earphone socket. I use it in my motorhome. Haven't got it here so can't be any more specific.
Holux GPSslim
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a seperate FM transmitter which I bought years ago when they were still err not quite legal. I could use that but already have a cats cradle of wires without adding more Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: