Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vertigo? - Don't Look!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vertigo? - Don't Look!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. To prove I'm as tough as Lost Property's wife, I've watched it all the way through. My stomach is aching from clenching it, my hand is sweating from the grip on the desk and I'm panting from holding my breath so long. And yes, I leaned into the wall on the right all the way up to the pipe, and into the wall on the left after it.

The walk may be twelve feet lower than it appears, but how much lower than that is the bottom bit? (I mean the bottom bit where you can't see any detail smaller than the Wall of China).

I watched it all out of the top corner of my left eye, ready to shut it quick, but I never did - I'm a true aaaaaaaaaaaard Northernerpants.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK. To prove I'm as tough as Lost Property's wife, I've watched it all the way through. My stomach is aching from clenching it, my hand is sweating from the grip on the desk and I'm panting from holding my breath so long. And yes, I leaned into the wall on the right all the way up to the pipe, and into the wall on the left after it.
If you want to prove your as hard as my wife, you'd have to marry me. Razz

As an aside. I was holidaying in Wales a few years back and watched a bloke and his girlfriend doing some rock climbing.My heart was in my mouth as he climbed an almost sheer face. A few days later I noticed he was camped at the same site as us and got into conversation. He said he was a 'steeplejack', as was his father and his grandfather. I asked what he would do if he fell. He replied 'Probably die, but I'd enjoy the view on the way down'. Mad! Completely mad.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, she wins. Not Worthy

Fifty years ago, when I was a mere corporal, one of the blokes in my hut was just about the last National Serviceman in the world and not enjoying it.

When he was enlisted, they asked what he wanted to be and he said Aerial Erector. So they made him a storeman! His civvy job was Steeplejack Bricklayer and he was used to shinning up 200ft chimneys in the Yorkshire brickworks. Apparently the daily pattern was to climb up the chimney in the morning, climb down at mid-day or so, into the pub for 16 pints. Back up the chimney for the rest of the day. Home for a meal, then back down the pub for another 16 pints. On 28 shillings (for newbies, that's £1.40) a week with a wife back home to support, he couldn't even afford one days drinking. Instead of rousting him out of bed of a morning, I'd get his mug and bring him a tea back from the mess to help him wake up! He slept in his shirt (but with the collar studs removed for the night).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty ! Laughing

But, Crying or Very sad , you'd think that the people going out of their way to get there would have some feeling for the natural beauty of the place - why the need to daub so much graffiti?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: