Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 60csx Help Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 60csx Help Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Cycling, Sports and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
76percent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Garmin 60csx Help Please Reply with quote

Hello
I'm a total newbie as far as GPS goes...Im looking to buy a Garmin 60csx that will be used for off road mountain biking in Northumberland and Cumbria in the UK. i am looking at using memorymap to plan routes.....Can anyone advise what else i will need ie maps...thanks in advance
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, if you want 50K scale which should be fine for mountain bike route planning you need the Region 4 Northern England map which covers Northumberland, Cumbria, Durham, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and most of Cheshire, also it partially covers Staffordshire and North Leicestershire for £50 which includes the application and the map. Click Here for more details.

I would also consider Quo which uses the Ordnance Survey maps and whilst it isn't as comprehensive in terms of features it does provide a cheap way of purchasing smaller map tiles to cover the areas you want, you will need to add the price of the application to the map pack which makes it close to the £50 for Memory Map, see Here

One other link I will give you to look at is This One, which provides the maps and a capability to plan routes on line, not as comprehensive as either of the above but a great way to plan something if you don't have the mapping for the area of interest.

Just to make sure though, you are aware the Garmin product you have listed will not display the OS maps only your planned route, if you intend to follow your route on the bike and want it displayed on an electronic OS map you should look at a cheap PDA with a GPS receiver built in (or Bluetooth) and an Otterbox for protection or the active10 by Satmap - the PDA is the best solution for price as you can run either the Memory Map or Quo on it, the SatMap uses its own format of OS mapping so it can get costly - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Cycling, Sports and Fitness All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: