Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New rev720 Maps available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New rev720 Maps available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kichu1979
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The release of new v7 maps may however indicate that a v8 upgrade is not imminent.

You are right. I think it is reasonable to assume that v8 upgrade will appear after TomTom/distributors get rid of x20 stock supply.

As of now releasing v8 for x20 would be shoot in the foot for TomTom considering the bussines strategy and current pricing of both models.
kissinuk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
kattt wrote:
If you use the latest version of Google Earth (version 2.3, "recently" released) it will show the date the photo was taken at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it will just show the year, but it can give a specific date.

And in at least one case the date supplied appears to be rubbish. My house is 6 years old and it doesn't appear on Google Earth despite it claiming the data is 2008.

Are you sure you're looking at the right date? The copyright dates almost always show the current year, the new dates mentioned are only available in the very latest version (on the bar at the bottom, towards the right) and aren't shown on all images.
danthurston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have navigator 6 on a pda. Does anyone know if the latest map (7.2) is available for this or will be in the near future. It seems available for the go 300 but the tomtom site and home both offer only 6.75. Thanks for any help.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest Map Guarantee Not Working Reply with quote

jac40 wrote:
Hi Guys

Has anyone successfully updated to 7.2 maps using latest map guarantee ?

I'm running a 920T with 7.481 with W&CE 710.576.

See an earlier post that someone has 715.**** maps, when was this released? I only got my TT on the 7th April.

TT Home says I have the latest maps available !

Guarantee runs out tomorrow so have reported it to support - I'll keep you posted but they say they should honour it with a voucher download.

I am in exactly the same boat!
I have e.mailed TomTom, but all they have promised is that they will reply in 48 hours. Sad

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danthurston wrote:
I have navigator 6 on a pda. Does anyone know if the latest map (7.2) is available for this or will be in the near future. It seems available for the go 300 but the tomtom site and home both offer only 6.75. Thanks for any help.
From the News item:
Quote:
The 6.75 maps will remain available in the Map Shop for NAVIGATOR 6 users and Automotive units (Eclipse, Daihatsu, Toyota) Note: Rider and Rider 2 users can now buy the new v.720 maps (premium maps) from the map shop.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
I decided to move W&CE maps to SD card and buy the new UK & RoI maps and put them in the internal memory, and I've just hit the first problem.

Although it's not a feature I usually use, I wanted to check Speech Recognition. I entered Navigate to, Address, Spoken address (dialogue) and, although it said "Please state city" the device displayed "One moment please... Preparing speech recognition (country was switched to United Kingdom". 15 minutes later it was still the same.

I've tried it with and without the card, and done a couple of resets. I'd appreciate any other suggestions!

Thanks.

Latest situation. Sorry for the long post!

I tried updating application to 7.481 with same results plus "One moment please..." when trying to navigate to intersection, so reverted to 7.221.

Spoken address still dispays “One moment please…” but after 20 seconds now reverts to keyboard screen with spoken address symbol greyed-out top right, and “Input not recognised”.

In Home:

INTERNAL MEMORY (new GB maps)
Show contents: Fine
Operate my GO: "This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system."
Update my GO: This morning offered QuickGPSfix which downloaded fine and now usually displays "Your device is up-to-date" but sometimes "A new application has been installed on your device and you need to restart your device."

MEMORY CARD (W&CE maps)
Show contents and Operate my GO: As internal memory.
Update my GO: "Your device is up-to-date." Hasn't offered any Mapshare corrections since maps moved to card.

Sometimes if I change device and then check for updates it displays “TomTom HOME has canceled the operation that was in progress because you disconnected your TomTom device”, but if I go back and check for updates again it checks OK.

Interestingly, I had left the noautosuspend.dat file on the device (see this thread) and it's no longer shutting down after three minutes.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Wrote
Quote:
Both Guernsey and Jersey now enjoy basic mapping coverage
&
Quote:
Although they claim 'basic coverage' its actually quite detailed.

If anyone is coming to the Islands, I purchased WE 720 last night and, as far as I can see all or most roads in Guernsey are covered. All what we call "major " roads and most mionor roads are also named. There are just a very few very minor roads that are identified as "misc" with a number.

I expect Jersey is much the same.

So you could certainly use it to find your way around.

Even more impressive is that our local police station, one pharmacy, a Doctors' surgery, & 3 petrol stations appear in "Help me". I haven't had time to look further yet.
Not exactly comprehensive, but at least you don't have to go to Ireland. Joker
gtdave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has come up against an issue I am having with the map updates and a 520T, before I go off to TomTom.

520T was purchased on 14th April, so still within the 30 days.
Its running 7.481 with the following map:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland v715.1703

TomTom Home says that I have the latest map available etc.
However, TTHome shows a 'Great Britain and Republic of Ireland' v720 map available (at a cost).
Surely they should be one and the same, and I can find no way of updating to this.

Crying or Very sad
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gtdave, and Welcome to the forums!

This always seems to happen when new maps are released, and usually needs an email to TomTom. See jac40's post on page 3 of this thread and Tom59's on this page.

TT will probably require proof of date of purchase.
Samsung Galaxy S21
gtdave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Anita, I'll get on the case!
gtdave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick response!

TomTom Customer Support wrote:
The U.K map and Great Briton maping are the same. Just have a different name.
Our latest map function is at present not working and our i.t. department are looking into it. If you try and use the function from friday onwards.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

And so, I wait. Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell 'em to try switching it off and on again.....
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Customer Support wrote:
The U.K map and Great Briton maping are the same. Just have a different name.
Our latest map function is at present not working and our i.t. department are looking into it. If you try and use the function from friday onwards.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Pity they couldn't update their Support cases on their site with this. Mine just has a status of 'Research' since about 2pm yesterday following me attaching the scanned receipt and screenshot of my map version via TT Home.

Oh well sit and wait till Friday and try again Laughing
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kichu1979 wrote:
Darren wrote:
The release of new v7 maps may however indicate that a v8 upgrade is not imminent.

You are right. I think it is reasonable to assume that v8 upgrade will appear after TomTom/distributors get rid of x20 stock supply.

As of now releasing v8 for x20 would be shoot in the foot for TomTom considering the bussines strategy and current pricing of both models.

From my point of view, I'd always be happier to buy whatever TomTom the shop had in stock if I knew I'd be able to be current with what might come out tomorrow. The software updates have made me happy that I made the right choice with the TT910, and I'd be less happy if the new software didn't come sometime this year. Given I've been contributing speed data since I bought the 910, I'd like to benefit from the IQ routing that uses it!
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
And in at least one case the date supplied appears to be rubbish. My house is 6 years old and it doesn't appear on Google Earth despite it claiming the data is 2008.

That's probably the copyright date, which is usually the date Google acquired that dataset - not the date the picture was taken. The picture date is displayed separately. I've yet to see any aerial or satellite photos dated later than 2006. Most are many years before then.

I very much doubt google with bother updating the aerial photography much more often than every 5 years or so. It's extremely expensive data to license and the money make from Google Earth and Maps is negligible compared to their other sources of income from things like search adverts.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: