Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 - Jnct 13/14/15 both sides
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 - Jnct 13/14/15 both sides
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: How to get an accurate position of cams at 70mph. Reply with quote

Well, Iulian seems to manage it.

Iulian wrote:
For those wondering on how to get accurate postion of the cameras whilst driving at 70mph.

Samsung Galaxy S21
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This technique sounds slightly more risky (at 70mph) than eating a sandwich, answering the mobile and smoking a cigarette, all at the same time. Sad At least to do the above you don't HAVE to take your eyes off the road. How can you type a POI name without doing this. Ah, forgot, you ask your passenger to do it. Very Happy
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Ah, forgot, you ask your passenger to do it. Very Happy

I must have missed that bit of Iulian's instructions! Rolling Eyes
Samsung Galaxy S21
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I guess we've all been guilty of the occasional bit of "sat-nav tweaking" while driving, in these cases (the new M25 and M20 gantry cameras), I would DEFINITELY advise against doing it alone, unless of course you are stationary like 'anesbitt'.

I've tried both of them now and the traffic conditions were far too dodgy, plus the M20 ones were going haywire at the time so everyone was trying to change lanes slow to 20mph and even stop at the gantries! Shocked
Iulian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Safe at 70 mph... Reply with quote

I drive 12h a day. Sounds stupid, but this is what I have to do for the moment. I have my lunch at 80mph on the middle lane. I fixed my stereo once whilst driving on the way to Scotland. 70mph is a kind of 20mph at some point. Time - space slows down with routine. You just start drive better than walking. It's sad in a way...
Have you seen HGV drivers actually driving by the book? Or where you too busy looking ahead?
Julian

(Revised)

Last edited by Iulian on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:11 am; edited 5 times in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe at 70 mph... Reply with quote

Iulian wrote:
I drive 12h a day. Sounds stupid, etc.

You said it.... Shocked
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it helps anyone, I use the MapShare quickmenu button to record where a POI is then make it into a random poi type that isn't in the area (eg beach - I'm in the Midlands!). You can then look over your points at leisure later.

I understand later models can add a favourite this way.

It's just one press on the screen while you're moving. Smile
Brodit ProClip mount
Iulian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Map Share button Reply with quote

It's still got to be transformed into a POI of choice (TomTom's factory installed POI)/Favorite straight away which is more than pressing a button on the screen (at least in v7).
I was gathering so many Map Correction points in one day (one press of a button only), street closures, POIs, speedcams that, when I went back to sort them at the end of the day or even worst after few days I'd forgot which one is which. So, after marking an accurate position on the map, stop at your next convenience and transform it into a POI of your choice/Favorite or if on the motorway get behind a 56mph lorry and work on the buttons on your screen.

When you drive from 7 to 7, 7 days a week then do it on the move at minimum 100mph... (this is for the politically correct).

Julian.
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just wondered if there was any update to these cameras as yet, either as in we know what they are, working not working, in the pgspw scdb etc??

Only reason im asking is im going over this section in a few days time and not had chance to look into these much since my submissions about a month back, and i havent got much time to update.

Cheers.

MPW
anesbitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpwilson99 wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just wondered if there was any update to these cameras as yet, either as in we know what they are, working not working, in the pgspw scdb etc??
MPW

Dificult to tell. I drive it twice a day, never seen a flash (but they might not) don't detect any radar (but could be a different trigger).

IMHO they are not active yet for some reason, possibly the network or back end systems not ready ???? Confusing as they were due to go live in Feb.
HOWEVER. I still don't take the chance, and trust me it is bl**dy difficult to stay at 60 when the rest of the traffic is whizzing past.
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are in the database now, right? I noticed some new cameras have appeared on the J12-14 stretch.

I'd been monitoring the other thread (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=419205#419205) so thankfully did a search and spotted this thread.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: