Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 - Jnct 13/14/15 both sides
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 - Jnct 13/14/15 both sides
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, some photos to confirm my postings and submissions! :o)

I guess we just need to know if/when these things go active?

Cheers

MPW
evo17paul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, been trying to log these cameras but trying this whilst driving is a difficult thing, especially as POICapture won't work on my PDA and the favourites method is too long winded whilst driving.

Spotted another, 2nd gantry after A3 going towards Heathrow...... nearly caught me by surprise !!!!
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spotted 3 sets of new cameras on gantries ( as per the photos in this thread )

The way i do it ( well when your looking for them or things in general ) is to have up GPS Sentry and then you can see the co-ords and either make a mental note, do a voice dictate or get the PA ( Wife ) to write them down if she is with me. You could also get the co-ords from the TomTom browse map if your viewing that.

When i spot an adhoc one or something in general of interest unexpectedly, i will usually just save my GPS position as a POI, and then go back and look at it later to get a rough idea.

Cheers

MPW
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Better Photo's (Close Up & Personal) Reply with quote

Hi All,

I went back past that way today, but this time I had an SLR camera, and not just a cameraphone!

I managed to get a shot of both gantry's, clockwise and anti clock, you can see the inductive loops in the road on both of them.

At last some close ups!

SDM197
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff.

Just need to know how they work (variable or stuck at 70+) and when, if they are to be active.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody noticed the small box to the right of the main enclosure? It is square with a round window, what might that be I wonder.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to know that too, but being as these units have no normal Flash unit, I reckon they must be illuminators of some kind probably Infra Red.

This would then not distract on coming traffic, or they have powerful LED arrays to illuminate the area beneath them, but its just a guess.

SDM197
GeoffL
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed these on the M20 in Kent.
Between J4 and J7, some of the gantries have been fitted with these cameras, and all have road speed markings. PGPS already notifies with the locations, only slightly out. I haven't noticed road coils yet, but otherwise they are the same with the 'illuminator' box alongside. I also wonder if it's a new type of 'specs' recorder?
Geoff

sdm197 wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know that too, but being as these units have no normal Flash unit, I reckon they must be illuminators of some kind probably Infra Red.

This would then not distract on coming traffic, or they have powerful LED arrays to illuminate the area beneath them, but its just a guess.

SDM197

4 - Samsung Galaxy 3 with maps
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,

I went and took photos of the M20 ones today (See other thread on the M20 cameras), they are very similar except the Flash units are actually visible you can see the ring flash element, well you can on close up with a long telephoto lens Laughing , these are not.

More worryingly there are Laser devices which set off my Valentine 1 detector again pictures (on other M20 thread).

SDM197
anesbitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Better Photo's (Close Up & Personal) Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
I managed to get a shot of both gantry's, clockwise and anti clock, you can see the inductive loops in the road on both of them.

Great pictures . Nice one.

If we are lucky , then the inductive loops in the road are Midas Loops for traffic flow analysis, not enforcement. The cameras are supposed to be K band radar operated, and that's what I believe the smaller unit on the gantry is. The jury is still out on whether there is a flash or not.

see here http://www.peek-traffic.co.uk/products/nmcs2.htm

AlanN
anesbitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:

Last night I noticed at least one solid gantry with camersa fitted, so I would be careful with assumptions.

Where's that then, I havn't spotted it, at least not between M40 & M3

AlanN
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Highways Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System (HADECS) is a digital enforcement product designed in the first instance to record violations of speeds limits set via variable speed signs. As such it automatically adjusts its speed threshold to that appropriate for the displayed sign. Combining radar technology for speed detection and multiple cameras for image capture the camera outstation section of the equipment captures offence data and encrypts it to the standards specified by the UK HOSDB. This data is then automatically collected a number of times each day and saved to DVD in a secure police office by the HADECS instation.

That anwers my second question Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Iulian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: How to get an accurate position of cams at 70mph. Reply with quote

For those wondering on how to get accurate postion of the cameras whilst driving at 70mph. In the Heathrow case you need to spot the cameras on the gantries on the other side of the road where they are visible. 1.) I set my TomTom to Browse Map beforehand. 2.) While passing by a gantry press the blue arrow button on top corner. This will set a marker on that exact possition. 3.) Go to Add Favorites quickly and add the a Favorite with the name lets say VSLn (n = number) by the Postion On The Map option. Don't forget to slightly change the position to the other side of the road where the gantry is. 4.) You now have an very accurate position of the cams. When submitting all you have to do is get yout TomTom, go to Browse Map, Find, Favorites, VSLn. You now have on the map the GPS position in degrees. All you have to do is submit the position to PocketGPSWorld.
As an alternative to the method above you could use the Correct Map button.
Julian (TomTom Go v2 Regional, software v7)
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: How to get an accurate position of cams at 70mph. Reply with quote

Iulian wrote:
2.) While passing by a gantry press the blue arrow button on top corner. This will set a marker on that exact possition. 3.) Go to Add Favorites quickly and add the a Favorite with the name lets say VSLn (n = number) by the Postion On The Map option. Don't forget to slightly change the position to the other side of the road where the gantry is.

You reckon it's safe to do that while driving at 70mph? Confused
Samsung Galaxy S21
anesbitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to get an accurate position of cams at 70mph. Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
You reckon it's safe to do that while driving at 70mph? Confused

70mph between M3 & M40 ... I heard it can be done, is it true, do you get a badge or certificate Wink .

On my way to work I would have time to make a sketch of the cameras and then colour it in Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: