Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Binatone Launch UK's First SatNav with Rear-View Camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Binatone Launch UK's First SatNav with Rear-View Camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrRobin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Binatone T430 Reply with quote

Just got one of these and despite a few niggles it looks on balance a pretty good unit.

Re. The power connector. It is a 1.1/3.0mm connector. Maplin sell them and I bought one and soldered it onto a USB lead. USB is 5V output and the T430 requires 5V, but actually requires slightly more, around 5.5V to actually charge.

Mine will charge from the main USB socket on my PC and from a USB PSU, so sorted there.

Is there any fix anyone knows for the low audio on the Bluetooth? It seems stange as the Sat Nav is loud enough.

Finally, to Koj if you send me the file name of the ROM I will see what I can do.
Koj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer. unfortunately I have given it back to him. Think he is going to send it to Binatone.
DrRobin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: POIs & BT Volume Reply with quote

Hi,

I updated the speed camera database in the T430, following PGPSW's instructions and that has been successful. It has also removed the [annoying] 29 MPH when the speed in 30.

I also uploaded custom POIs using a procedure for the MIO which uses the same igo.db database. Search on Google for igo.db and it is the second entry. Download iGo Explorer and follow he excellect instructions.

I have now uploaded hundreds of POI's to the T430 in to the Custom folder. Each POI group gets it's own sub group within the custom folder.

iGo Explorer was a little slow at creating igo.db but what the heck you don't do it too often.

Now, anyone got an idea on how the BT [handsfree] volume can be boosted?

Cheers

DrRobin
Koj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: T430 Reply with quote

Dr Robin, I have now got this unit back from my mate if your offer of help still stands.
DrRobin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: T430 ROM Reply with quote

Hi Koj,

If you still need the ROM for the T430 send me an email with the ROM name to drrobin@freeuk.com and I will send it back to you directly.

Regards

Robin
Koj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: T430 Reply with quote

Thanks. Managed to get my hands on a working one and copied flash over now working ok.
DrRobin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: GPS Position Time problem Reply with quote

Hi,

There appears to be a new problem with the Binatone T430. I hadn't used the unit for a couple of weeks and when I did, it would find satellites but wouldn't compute a position. I assumed that it had lost it's almanac, which it should refresh from the satellite, but can take some time.

I left the unit on over-night in a position with a clear view of the sky. The next morning it had a position and now finds it's position very quickly even after a full shut down. I do however, have a problem with GPS time, it is reading year 18203 and some of the times aren't valid (E.g. hour 37).

I spoke to Binatone nd they told me that updates to the GPS system are causing problems with some receivers and they told me this started last week. These problems include loss of position and time and problems calculating position. I am a little sceptical of what they told me so decided to check it out for myself and there may be some truth in it, see link below:

http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/Latest+News/New-GPS-Satellites-Problems-Indicated/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/596465

Apparently not all GPS chipsets suffer the problem and the only real issue appears to be when the GPS looses it's almanac (switched off or low battery for a long period of time) but it is very annoying.

I asked if there would be a fix for the GPS receiver if this turns out to be a permanent problem but they guy I spoke to wouldn't comment.

I have just compared this with another GPS receiver, which shows almost exactly the same position but displays the correct time. The chipset in the T430 is MStar.

I am bit worried that the unit packs up altogether and if there is no fix then I am left with a duff unit.

Has anyone else experienced this? The issue only started last week (since 15th June 2009)

Regards

DrRobin
DrRobin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: MStar chipset Reply with quote

Hi,

Apparently there has been a change to the NEMA output from the satellites and the MStar chipset doesn't correctly decode this.

MStar have apparently released a patch which fixes the problem but in most cases you need to get this patch from the manufacturer's of the Sat Nav.

If the MStar chip has correct time apparently it doesn't output any position at all. If like me I have managed to dump the almanac then it will output correct position data but the time flips every second.

My T430 is flipping between 27/1/18216 and 1/1/1601. I am asking Binatone for a patch.

I simply don't know how many other devices use the MStar chip set, worth a check in the specs if your Sat Nav isn't working.

Regards

DrRobin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: